Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Bonjour Mon Amie
This card was made for one of the Dare to be Dirty challenges, Yvette's make a tag card using only one stamp set. It has been a long time since I used Postale Carte, so I thought it would be a good time to dust it off. My card is 9" by 5 1/2" scored at 3" and 6". I also got to use some foam slike stickers that I got 2 years ago!! I used creamy caramel to age them a bit.
Well my eye is feeling somewhat better today, just annoying pain, not intense like it has been, I have to go back to the eye doctor tomorrow so he can look at it once more to see if iot is healing well.
Supplies: Postale Carte, Designer DP, VV, Pixie dust and creamy Caramel ink, Stickers, Brads, Ribbon, Pearl Bling, Oval punch, Circle punches, and Dimensionals.
Monday, July 30, 2007
I Believe In You!
I was once again able to combine two challenge to make this card I am having so much participating in the Dare to be Dirty challenges!! The challenges I participated in were from Thursday Beate's Sketch Challenge and Genie1314's Clear Stamps only challenge.
I finally got to use up some of the Creative Memories Embossed Paper I have been sitting on for like a year now *wink* me I'm not a hoarder......LOL!! I also got to use some of the Anna Griffin DP I picked up at Michaels during our road trip. The Ribbon along the bottom I found at walmart it is so gorgeous, I strung some pearls through it, but it is even gorgeous all on it's own!
Well I will be off to the eye doctor a little later today to have the contact lens( they used it as a bandage) taken out, I so hope my eye hasn't healed to it!!! Hopefully it will be on it's way to healing. Thank you once again for all your well wishes and thoughts!
Supplies: Fancy Pants stamps, Creative Memories Embossed Paper, Anna Griffin DP, Always artichoke, Cranberry Crisp, inks, Prima Flowers, Ribbon, String of pearls, Peal Bling, Brad, Ticket corner punch, and Dimensionals.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Less is Less and More is More
These card were made for one of the Dare to be Dirty challenges, the challenge was to make two card the same keep on simple and step up the other. I really like both of these cards! I am having a blast with these challenges!!
I hope to be able to do more this week, my eye still hurts a great deal and is quite blurry! Thank you so much for all your well wishes!! Here is an explanation of what it wrong with my eye
Recurrent Corneal Erosion
Recurrent corneal erosion is a condition affecting the outermost layer of corneal cells called the epithelium. The problem is caused when the bottom layer of epithelial cells adhere poorly to the cornea, causing them to slough off easily. The pain and discomfort is often quite intense, and similar to a corneal abrasion. There is usually an underlying disorder that causes recurrent corneal erosion's to occur. The most common are: previous corneal injury (corneal abrasion), corneal dystrophy (Map Dot Fingerprint Dystrophy), or corneal disease resulting in recurrent breakdown of the epithelial cells.
Upon awakening, patients often experience severe pain, blurred vision, and light sensitivity when the eyelid pulls the loosened epithelial cells off the cornea. After the cornea heals, the problem recurs as the name implies unless the condition is treated. Recurrent corneal erosion may affect one or both eyes, depending on the underlying cause
and here is a description of the procedure they did for me
Anterior Stromal Puncture
Anterior stromal puncture is a technique in which a needle is used to create small punctures in the epithelial-stromal junction. This is accomplished by using a 27-gauge needle with a bent tip to puncture the cornea to about the depth of the anterior stroma (0.2 mm). The purpose of anterior stromal puncture is to disturb the epithelium and Bowman’s layer thus providing a stimulus for the formation of tighter adhesion's. The punctures will produce minor scarring so the visual axis should be avoided when performing this procedure.
Pretty yucky huh! Oh and when they explain the needle part it is not just on hole it is a series of hole she referred to them as tattoos because they will be there forever!
Supplies: Langley Boy Designs stamps, Walnut, Metallic Champagne and DP, Close to Cocoa ink, Bazil Flowers, Prima Flowers, Peals, Ribbon, Ticket corner punch Cuttlebug, and Dimesionals.
Friday, July 27, 2007
Sweet Sweet Baby Girl!
I love making baby girls cards, so pink and pretty I am so much a girl I love anything pink, pretty, sparkly, lacy........sometimes I wish some of the baby bedding came in queen size.......*wink*.
I was able to combine two challenges again for the Dare to be Dirty challenges, I would have done more but my eye is very sore. Last September I was taking out one of those micro mini hair clips out of my hair, and it kind of got stuck on the end of my hair and like a sling shot and catapulted into my eye!!! OUCH!!! Man that was so painful, I had ripped the surface of my eye, so the doctor gave me some drops and sent me home.....well the pain has never gone away. Every morning I wake up and the healing that occurred during the night is ripped off every morning, my eye heals to my eyelid so when I open my eyes in the morning OUCH!!! Normally it takes an hour to subside, but for the past three days it has been hurting 24/7.
So off to the eye doctor I went, she said there is a large hole filled with extra cells the need to be scraped off!!! YUCK!! So this afternoon I will go back and she will freeze my eye, yes with a needle*nervous*, and scrape off the excess cells causing the problem. YIKES!! It should take care of the pain I have been having, so that it is the silver lining.
Back to today's challenges I completed JuliaS's sketch challenge and Cambrias Pink it up!! challenge!!
Supplies:I'm here, Fancy Flexible Phrases,Pretty in pink, Regal rose, and WW card stock, DaisyD's lullaby collection DP,Regal Rose,Versa Mark pixie pink inks, Ribbon, Brads, Cuttlebug, Marker,Chip board, and Dimesionals
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Three Challenges In One
For this card I was able to complete three challenges in one for the Dirty Dare 07 ! I completed Sweet Miss Daisy's
Kock-a-doodle-doooo Fan Clubbers!
With my menagerie of farm animals and pets I thought it would be fitting for me to host a challenge that has everything to do with pets! My challenge to you is to create a card that's either For a Pet, From a Pet, or Of a Pet... can be your pet or someone else's.
There are all kinds of occasions worthy of a pet card!
- New Litter
- New Critter
- Thanks for Pet-Sitting
- Get Well
...etc... Be creative!
After a long day of participating in challenges you may be ready for a nice long bath, but FIRST I want you to bathe your card in BRADS! Don't be shy... you know you have tons of brads sitting there begging to be used, so why not indulge and use lots of them on your card?
Supplies: Canvas BG, Crosshatch BG, Walmart stamps, Chocolate chip, Close to cocoa, Black, and WW card stock, Chocolate chip, close to cocoa ink, cuttlebug, rub ons, Brads, Ticket corner punch, Circle punches, Paper piercer, gel pen and dimensionals.
Forever and Ever Always!
I made this card for the Dirty Dare 07, on SCS, such cool challenges I hope to complete more today! If you are interested and a member of the SCS fan club you can try this too here is the link Dirty Girl Challenges of the day.
This challenge was hosted by Sharon (Notimetostamp)
"Hi, everyone! My challenge for you today is to make an elegant card. There are absolutely no rules or guidelines to follow – make whatever you consider to be elegant. And if elegant isn’t your thing, I can take *pretty*. So you may make either an elegant card or a pretty card, your choice."
I actually cased this card from LilyBeans Paperie, she has some of the most beautiful cards!
I love how this card turned out, so soft and elegant, I loved this challenge!!
Supplies: Langley Boy Designs stamps, WW, card stock, Anna Griffin DP, Sahara Sand, and Brilliance white ink, KC and Co. wedding chipboard, Pearl bling, Satin Ribbon, Cuttlebug, and Dimensionals
Paying It Forward
I was part of the paying it forward thread on SCS and this was my paying it forward gift!! So cool!!
It was filled with wire works, ribbon, hardware, oval and dog stamps, pop ups and alterable heart tin!! So generous!! Thank you so much Barbra!!
Again I am so blessed to be a member of the SCS community!!
Labels: Blogger RAK
1. Kelly needs patience right now.......Too true!!
2. Kelly needs modesty (something to do with nude pics! o_0)...... NOT ME! NOT ME! NOT ME!
3. Kelly needs to change management. ...... ummmm I don't know??
4. Kelly, needs a good home (pls adopt me!) .......ROTFLMBO!!!! Anyone want me?
5. Kelly needs to examine his conscience and his OWN RELIGIOUS BELIEFS........Wowza.....quite the statement!
6. Kelly needs to be part of a loving, committed marriage ..... I thought I was LOL!
7. Kelly needs a reality check… ... Too true!!.....LMBO!
8. Kelly needs to get it together and take control of her own destiny.....ummmm YES!!
9. Kelly needs to step it up ....... I do I really Do!
10. Kelly needs to take a break and thank God........ Yes I do need to do more of this!
Labels: Ramblings and Musings
I am so blessed to be a part of the SCS community! I love participating in the inspiration challenge on Saturdays, but was so pleasantly surprised when I opened my mailbox to find a card thanking me for playing along!! Karen, Kthaman (SCS name) the hostess is the best!! I should be sending her a card for hosting the challenge!
If you haven't played along yet check it out this Saturday!!
Labels: Blogger RAK
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Ride Em' Cowboy!! Yee Haw!! Ok that's all I know.....LOL! I made this card using my new western goodies from Michaels, for today's sketch challenge! I love the sketch challenge today tent toppers they are such fun and cool cards to make! I hope to post some answers to some questions later today if I find a little time I have my daycare kiddie today and jason's family is stopping in for a visit! Whew busy day!
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here Sketch Challenge 134.
Supplies: Michaels $ stamps, Black, Creamy Caramel, and Designer DP, Black ink, Marker, Brads, Ribbon, Hodgepodge, Scalloped circle punches, Ticket corner punch, Dimensionals, and Oval punch!
Road Trip Pictures and Loot!!
Here are some pictures of some of the scenery from our road trip, the Rocky Mountains, Great Stave Lake, and the Prairies. There are some pictures of the kids in the card too!
Steph being silly!
Emmie in Megan's Sunglasses.....LOL!
Jason Phoebe at Great Stave Lake, my mom and Megan in the background.
More of the Rockies!
And even more of the Rockies can you tell we loved it!
And now the loot!!
Ribbon and Paper from Michaels!
M&M's goodies from Michaels!
Goodies in the mailbox when I got home from All that scraps and Eclectic Paperie!
Labels: Ramblings and Musings
What have you done?
I saw this on
Studio Mand thought it would be neat to try it for myself, can't believe how much I have done already!!! Now it's your turn I would love to see your answers, if you do this please leave a link to your blog in the comments so I can see.......please......*wink*
Have you ever?... the things I have done are highlighted
1.Bought everyone in the bar a drink
2.Swam with dolphins... petted them at the Vancouver Aquarium, does that count?
3.Climbed a mountain
4.Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
5.Been inside the Great Pyramid
6.Held a tarantula
7.Taken a candle lit bath with someone..... Almost weekly with hubby!!*wink*
8.Said "I love you" and meant it
9.Hugged a tree....while trying to climb it.....LOL!
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights... Just came from there but there were no loghts at this time of the year, but have seen lots of photos and videos!
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables... helped my mom does that count?
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper... too many to count........LOL!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment... yep someone farted in my yoga class and I totally lost it!!
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking... I was drunk.......LOL!
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day... a few timess......LOL!
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states... not even close only 2 CA, WA
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing....does my back yard count it is a rock wall back there.....LOL really!!
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them....at family camp we ate with lots of couples we didn't know a new couple every meal.
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke...Locomation with my mom......LOL!
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo....a few
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an expert
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage... at school, in choir and band
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music... with a friend we sang louder then the artist and taped ourselves does the count?
87. Eaten shark
88. Eaten fugu (pufferfish)....no but we owned some!
89. Had a one-night stand
90. Gone to Thailand
91. Bought a house
92. Been in a combat zone.....does and abusive relationship count?
93. Buried one/both of your parents
94. Been on a cruise ship
95. Spoken more than one language fluently
96. Performed in Rocky Horror Picture Show
97. Raised children (raising still)
98. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery....no but am looking forward to having some soon *wink*
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication.....my 2,4,6,,8 box instructions were published
106. Lost over 100 pounds (45.5 kilograms)... no but I am working on it now
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart.....a few times
111. Ridden a bike
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone....my baby toe and nose
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced.....belly button
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse... yes and he laid down while I was riding him, so i will never again
119. Had surgery...gallbladder
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
131. Para sailed
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey
135. Selected one important author who you missed in school, and read (Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Shakespeare, Thomas Hardy)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language... my daughter didn't speak for five years and she had her own language!
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care.......no but have been there with someone who was in hospice my Grandma
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you... I have sold quite a few cards
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair....many colors!
147. Been a DJ.....at our wedding reception!! We didn't want to hire one so a few of us took shifts it was so fun!
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone's life.....no in the traditional sense, but helped someone with drug addition
Labels: Ramblings and Musings
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
This card is a combo of today's color challenge and Sunday's featured stamper challenge. The featured stamper was Annieht, here is the card I chose to case Summer Dreams, her card is just stunning! The colors for today's color challenge were Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Old Olive , if you would like to try this challenge you can do so here CC124: Pink Olives.
It feels so good to be home although I am so behind on housework etc. and Jason's mom phoned last night to say they would be stopping by on their way back home from Edmonton, so I have got to get busy cleaning *wink*!
We had such a good time on vacation I will share some of our road trips pictures with you a little later today, and all the yummy loot we found along the way, from the two michaels stores we stopped at!
Supplies: Butterfly Kisses, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Old Olive, card stock, infuse DP, Regal Rose ink,, Bling, Cuttlebug, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Brads and primas.
A Wonderful Surprise!
I came home to a wonderful surprise from Diane L. She sent me this beautiful card!!
Thank you Diane you are too kind and super sweet!
I loved coming home to some happy mail amongst all the bills.......LOL!
Labels: Blogger RAK
Monday, July 23, 2007
Rockin Girl Blogger
I get to nominate 5 more blogs for the award!! So I nominate:
Jason,My hubby not because he is my hubby but because he has the best story going on with his Chicken Who Did It Series!
Gina she is such a hardworking lady with some of the cutest stamps and supports a cause near and dear to my heart!
Kim if it wasn't for her and a stampin up party she hosted I would have never have been hooked on stamping!
Allison, for all she does in the blogging community, and she is such a sweetie!
Jailbird Stamper, such a super sweet lady who is very inspiring!
I will be back a little later with something to post just trying to get things back in order around here *wink*
Labels: Ramblings and Musings
Saturday, July 21, 2007
The Winner Is
Mary Campbell said...
Hope you are having a great vacation. Love your blog and check it out every morning. You give me a lot of ideas to try. Something I would like to try is stamping on acetate. I am so afraid of messing it up. Could you do a tutorial on that? Thanks for the great blog candy. Love the cuttlebug.
Thank you all for playing along!! I will make this post short as i am leaving right away for the trip home!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Basic Grey Star Box
Labels: Anything But A Card
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Big Big Daisy
I ordered these really big primas and have yet to use then so...... out the came to create this card! Not too sure how I feel about this card yet. The daisies are really really big!!
I hope you are all well, we are now on vacation, and we will return late next Sunday. I hope you are enjoying your summer!
Supplies: Fancy Flexible phrases, Lavendar lace, pretty in pink, card stock, lavendar lace ink, primas, cuttlebug, brads, gel pen, and dimesionals.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Well We Are Off!!
Hope you all have a super weekend!!
I have been tagged three times, by Tracy, Melanie, Wanda.
So here is goes 7 things about me, I must warn you I am not a very exciting person.....LOL!
1. Kashi Crunch cereal gives me terrible gas....LOL!***Blushing***
2. For some reason everyone who comes to our house for dinner thinks that I can't cook only to be surprised that I can.
3. I am very complex a series of wall and mazes.
4. I don't like or want to be complex.
5. I have 2 tattoo's roses on my ankle, scroll on my back, and want more.
6. My ears are pierced 8 times.
7. I have been told more times then I can count that,whaterver is wrong with me shouldn't be possible
8. Example of #7 is my body reject all piercing other then ears, my body pushed out my eyebrown and belly piercing, yes pushed out through the skin, over the period of a few months.
Now to tag 7 more bloggers I tag.......
Thoughts of a Cardmaking Scrapbooker!, Cabin Stampin' , Expressions of Me, InkGenious, Ruby Stamper, Scrappy 3 Friends, and Stamper Dog's Blog
Labels: Ramblings and Musings
Joy Is Everywhere
Today's limited supply challenge was to create a message bouquet. I re-used the layout that I used when I cased Markie's Mom for the featured stamper challenge. I brought back out Daisy D's Lullaby collection designer paper. *Wink*
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here LSC124 - Message Bouquets
We are starting to bounce in our seats from excitement!! We are leaving tomorrow at 5 am!
Supplies: Fancy Pants stamps, SmART Works stamps, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Bravo Burgundy, WW, Daisy D's designer paper, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, Black ink, Ribbon, Brads, Cuttlebug, Ticket corner and circle punches.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Bugs And Kisses
Today's way to use it challenge was to use a stylus which worked out so perfect for me because I was wanting to make this paint can for my nephew, a little something to give him when we get to his house this weekend! I used the stylus on the bugs to kind of pop them up and bring them to life in the same way that I like to do with flowers.
It's starting to get a little tense around her with all the excitement that is building, 2 more sleeps and we will be on the road! It should be an amazing journey we get to pass through three provinces and see the highest point of the Rocky Mountains
Supplies: Bugs and Kisses, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Only orange, WW, and DP, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Only orange, Black, inks, Paint can, Stylus, Googlie eyes, Ribbon, Cm circle cutter, Dimensionals
Labels: Anything But A Card
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Trick Or Treat
Today sketch challenge was just that a challenge!! I had to think quite a bit about the layout and what stamps to use, I decided on fright Night by My Favorite things, I love this set it is so cute, not to mention that I am almost done my Halloween cards....LOL! The kids are starting to get really excited about our trip now too, making the day drag on, When are going? How long will it take? and we're not even in the car yet! LMBO!!
If you are interested in this challenge you can see it here Sketch Challenge 132.
Supplies: fright Night by My Favorite things, Cheesecloth BG, Vintage Violet, Old Olive, Only Orange, Black and WW. card stock, Halloween DP, Vintage Violet, Old Olive, Only Orange, Black ink, Brads, Stickles, CM circle cutter, Scalloped circle, markers, Cuttlebug, and dimensionals.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Aloha all! These were colors for today's color challenge, Real red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore. After seeing the colors they reminded me of hibiscus flowers in their beautiful blue and red colors. Oh man is it hot here, way too hot! We have ac inside, but when you go outside WOW HOT!! Getting really excited about our road trip this Saturday, have to start some of the packing today, so I don't leave it all until the last day.......LOL!
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here 122: Brights~,
Supplies: Do the Hula, Real red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore ink, Real red, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, WW card stock, Ticket corner punch, brads, cuttlebug, stylus, and dimensionals.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Sweet Baby Girl
Here is my card for today's TLC challenge, using scraps perfect for me because yesterday I used this paper in the featured stamper challenge and had a few scraps left over. I love this Daisy D's Lullaby Collection paper it is no sweet!! I thought making a baby quilt out of it would be very cute! I would love a quilt like this for my bed *wink*!
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here TLC124 - Scrappy Strips.
Oh my this is turning out to be a busy week getting ready for our trip on Saturday, dentist appointments, at least with it being busy it will fly by.....LOL!
Supplies: Bundle of Joy, Regal rose, Pretty in pink, card stock, daisy D's DP, Brilliance white ink, Gel pen, Ribbon, Cuttlebug, paper piercer, and dimensionals.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Lullaby's and Butterflies
I am so in love with Daisy D's Lullaby collection!! The colors and patterns are gorgeous!! Today's featured stamper for the Featured stamper challenge was Charmwarm, I love her gallery she has some of the cutest cards! I chose to case her Blush Butterflies. I just love this card! If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here FS22: Charmed, I'm SURE!!!!
Supplies: Butterfly Kisses, Regal rose, Pretty in pink, Certainly Celery,card stock, Daisy D's Lullaby collection DP, Regal Rose, Certainly celery inks, Brads, Bling, Ribbon, Oval punch, Ticket corner punch,, Cuttlebug and dimensionals.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Today's inspiration challenge was to be inspired by the picture below, I thought it would make a cute ornament shaker card. I love the colors never would have thought to put them together for a Christmas card! Not too sure if you can tell but the top tree is raised up on dimesionals, looks really neat in real life. I also used a real ornament hanger to hang the tag off. The tress were hand drawn as were the decorations on them, so the only stamping is the tag!!
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here IC83 - Ornament.
So were a leaving for a road trip next Saturday, we are headed to the Northwest Territories, to visit my Mom and my Sister, it is a 20 hour drive!! We will be driving to Grande Prairie Alberta the first day, which is 12 hours from here, then spend a night in a hotel there, then from there we will travel to Hay River, Northwest Territories the next day about another 8 to 9 hours. Twenty some odd hours in the car with hubby, 2 kids and 2 dogs should have me good and crazy by the.......LMBO!! I am the only driver too Hubby doesn't have his license but will be getting it later in the summer. During this time I will still be posting everyday, I am working on some projects now to post while I am away!
Supplies: Tags so much, Tuscan Rose Flourishes,Gable Green, tempting Turquoise, Taken with teal, black and WW card stock, printed vellum, White stazon, Markers, gel pen, beads, acetate, dimensionals, tag punch, hole punch, silver cord, ornament hanger, cuttlebug.
Friday, July 06, 2007
For today's limited supply challenge , we are CASEing new catty layouts!
Layout: CASE a catty layout
Layers: The same number or less (Do not add more layers.)
Embellishments: They can be changed. Use the same number of embellishments or less. (Do not add more.)
I chose to case the scrapbook page on page 94 and turn it into a card, I picked this one because it worked well with the tutorial I have been wanting to do for you. I change some of the embellies buttons for brads, sewing for cuttlebug, Corner rounder for ribbon, I think that's it! So if you would like to try this challenge you can do so here LSC123 - Catty CASE.
Supplies: For the card and tutorial: Delight in Life, Like it a Latte, Chocolate chip, Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow, Cosmo cricket DP, Chocolate chip ink, Marker, Brads, Scalloped square punches, Cuttlebug, Brayer, Corner Rounder and Dimensionals.
Put Cutout Flowers in Cuttlebug ( I only do the large ones)
Brayer your accent color over cuttlebugged flowers
Use a Stylus and a foam mat to give the image a popped up effect I rub the stylus firmly over the sides and a line up the middle of the flower and leaves
Turn flower over and use the stylus in the center of the flower so the middle sinks down a bit
There you have it! Now decorate to your style and taste!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Polka Dot Party!
Today's way to use challenge was to use ribbon, I love ribbon!! I just got some new DP from Jacksonbelle Embellishments and had yet to ink up take the cake so I put the two together and this is what I came up with. I am still trying to get the tutorial up, it has been a madhouse around here, will explain a little later as well as answer some more questions a little later today hopefully!!
If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here WT120 - Ribbon Revisted
Supplies: Take the cake, crosshatch, Pretty in pink, barely banana, ww, card stock, Daisy D's DP, Black ink, Markers, Brads, stickles, Cuttlebug, Party hat punch, Ribbon and dimesionals.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
This card was made for today's sketch challenge, on SCS, I love the softness of this card it is so feminine. Well the car is finally fixed!! We replaced the plugs and a bunch of other stuff yesterday, only to find we were still having some trouble........AUGGGG!!!!! Well off to the mechanic today and said it was the spark plug wires easy fix we could do ourselves so there you have it we fixed it!!
Happy 4th of July to my American Friends!!
I am hoping to have a tutorial up for you a little later today, I hope you will enjoy it!
I will also be back a little later to answer some more questions!!
If you are interested in this challenge you can find it here Sketch Challenge 131 .
Supplies: Happiness Always, Floral BG, Pale plum, Bashful blue, Mellow moss, and ww card stock, DP unknown, Black ink, Makers, Versa mark, white EP, II, Ribbon, Dimensionals, Ticket corner punch.
..these Stamping sites!