For those of you who frequent SCS you may have come across Mothermark's Gallery
and if you haven't check it out is is so awesome and she has a story to go with every card, so today I feel like I need to tell you the story of my card.
So here's my story
1. I woke up looking forward to trying today's challenge, log on to SCS to find the challenge is emboss resist and ghosting cool I have done emboss resist before but not ghosting, well heck I'm always up for a challenge.
2. Head down to my studio, Ummmmm Where's my table?! Oh yea I crafted yesterday so it is buried under a sea of paper, embellishments, ribbon, laundry???? don't know how that got there??
3. Clear myself a 8"x8" space to work in, no kidding actually 8"x8" space! OK so now what are we going to work with, Baroque Motifs is still out from yesterday sounds good to me don't have to go look for something else. So far everything is good.
4. Find glossy paper a chore in my mess, none the less I find it, now off to dig out the versa mark, find the embossing powder, brayer and ink. OK after an exhaustive search I locate all the supplies took 1/2 hour to find everything *whew* mental note clean studio!
5. Decided on using my Blue frost spectrum pad have had it for 3 years and this is the first time it has be used, give myself a good whats for whos for over buying things and not using them.
6. So now I stamp the flourish, wowwee pretty, I have to say this every time, embossing it the ghost in the flowers OK here is where it started to go sideways, brayer the ink on, now here is the first problem my tiny work space is now blue as well as my hands and face dang itchy nose! So now I need to remove the ink from the embossing!
7. Reach for a sock of course! Why you ask because there is laundry on my table and who knows where the paper towel is hiding?? Now the sock is a brilliant color of blue, probably will never be white again!
8. Finish dressing up the image with bling and mat it on white so far so good.
9. Off to locate my brilliant blue paper, Hmmmm it seems to be missing........ That's right i don't have any cause i never use that color! Ok now what start over??? NO WAY!! Not after turning myself and everything around me blue not to mention destroying a perfectly good sock.
10. OK think maybe I could use another shade of blue, no none of them match, what about silver?? Hmmm can't find it my mess *really have to clean this area* OK here's a plan I can make blue paper with my brayer and ink like I did for the image.
11. So now I am pretty much committed to finishing this card, so I get the glossy paper and use my brayer and ink to color it blue, so now I am blue from head to toe!! Megan thinks this is so very funny and would like to join in the fun, so she starts turning her paper blue, now we are both blue from head to toe!!
12. I finish the card cursing myself for not knowing when to stop, add bling on the corners decide I don't like it, too late it pulls a circle of color off, OK put bling back on and leave it, I just want this over and would like not to be blue anymore!!
13. Get up to got up stairs, remember I need to close the door to outside, I leave it open so the dogs can go potty, anyhoo I go to close the door, wouldn't you know it there is a bee there, so I frantically shoo the bee outside and away from the door and here is the highlight of it all!!!
You ready.......!!! I stepped in dog crap with bare feet!!!! YUCK!!! so I drag myself carefully up the stairs, don't want to get poo on the floor or blue on the walls!! I Get upstairs and throw my smurf looking, poo covered body into the shower!!
So the moral of the story is.....heck i don't know.....don't get up on Mondays!!!
Supplies: Baroque Motifs, Glossy white paper, Blue Frost spectrum pad, ribbon, dimensionals and bling!