*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Still Here

We had the viewing yesterday, and got to be with the rest of the family my dad was one of 9 it was so nice to with them all and hear all the wonderful stories and how he touched each one of our lives it was exactly what I needed to hear. He was a very loved man. Tomorrow is the celebration of life service, so today I am trying to gather the strength for tomorrow.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers they mean so very much to me and my family at this time. I miss my dad so much my heart hurts every minute but I know he has gone home and is in a better place, which is very comforting.

Thank You for being there for us.

Here are a few samples I had submitted to the smART Cookie Design Team, although I was not chosen I had fun trying out and congrats to those who made it. I feel it was a blessing not to have been chosen as at this time I would not have been able to fulfill my duties.




















Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

I am sure you will be fine. As you said you will be celebrating his life and how he touched each one of you. That is what will keep his memory around. Take care Kelly and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

August 04, 2007 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am so very sorry. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you and the rest of the family. I am glad that you have found some small peace in knowing that he did not suffer. Your Dad is smiling down on you now for loving him so and I know that he also cherished the times in the end of his life with you and the children. Love, Janet Marks in NC

August 04, 2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

These are cute!

Hang in there and know we are thinking of all of you.

August 04, 2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy W said...

Kelly, I am so glad that you have family to share stories. These were very healing to me when I lost my dad. Extra hugs and prayers to you and your family. I had never heard The River song before; very nice and good words to live by. My heart is with you tomorrow....

August 04, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger Mo Moss said...

It is good that you can be with family at a time like this. If only we would get together at other times as well. I am sure tomorrow will be hard for you but know your friends will be thinking of you. Your memories of your dad will be come more vivid and will last you the rest of your life. GOD Bless

August 04, 2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

How wonderful a celebration of life service.

August 06, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Colleen Schaan said...

Kelly, I am so glad you got a chance to be with friends and family during this trying time...a celebration of life service is a wonderful idea...hugs

August 06, 2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Selena said...

Kelly, just read this about your Dad, and I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm so glad you got to spend some quality time with him. Sending your big hugs!!!

The cards are lovely!

August 06, 2007 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!