*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, August 10, 2007

Moving Forward

We are starting to move forward, my mom and my sister left this morning for their long trek back to the Northwest Territories. We have sorted through all my dad's belongings, now I just need to have a garage sale for the household items with all the proceeds going to NONA, a local agency who provides EIBI therapy for families with Autistic children, this is also the organization his sister chose in Lu of flowers, he would love this cause as it is very close to our hearts.

I plan to actually go down to my studio this weekend and have some crafter's therapy with Jason, as a sign that we are starting to move forward and resume some normal activity to keep our minds busy.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us through this difficult time, we are so blessed to have such a wonderful community surround us during this time. It has meant so much to us, to hear your words of encouragement.

Our church is having it's 100 year celebration this weekend with a catered dinner etc. on Saturday I think we will try to head out to the celebration and enjoy fellow shipping and just being in the company of others, maybe just what the doctor ordered as we do tend to be a bit introverted, especially during this time.

I wish you all a fabulous weekend!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace and Blessings to you and yours during this difficult time. You are a strong woman and you have a great family unit. I"m impressed by your courage and strength. Kimmiek

August 10, 2007 12:15 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

I think going out is a good idea. You are still going to be grieving of course, but sometimes just going through the motions and connecting with people really does help. Best wishes

August 10, 2007 1:52 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

I am glad to see you trying to move on. Its probably what your dad would have wanted. Have fun at your church

August 10, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so glad you all are starting to move forward slowly. I am sorry for your loss, and wish you the best in the future.

August 10, 2007 7:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Happy for you !!! It will take time to heal and you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

August 12, 2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I'm sitting here reading your blog and trying my best not to cry. I lost my Dad two years ago and at times it's still fresh like it was yesterday.

The pain gets better but it never goes away completely. And you'll never be the same person. I've also lost two children and my mom - so my Dad's death wasn't my first experience. Just my "freshest" one (so to speak). Plus I think fathers and daughters share a special bond.

Scrapping and stamping has been very good therapy for my losses and I encourage you do continue to find ways to honor your Dad's memory in positive ways.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Jane

August 14, 2007 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!