*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, August 27, 2007

OK Here's my Story!


For those of you who frequent SCS you may have come across Mothermark's Gallery and if you haven't check it out is is so awesome and she has a story to go with every card, so today I feel like I need to tell you the story of my card.

So here's my story

1. I woke up looking forward to trying today's challenge, log on to SCS to find the challenge is emboss resist and ghosting cool I have done emboss resist before but not ghosting, well heck I'm always up for a challenge.

2. Head down to my studio, Ummmmm Where's my table?! Oh yea I crafted yesterday so it is buried under a sea of paper, embellishments, ribbon, laundry???? don't know how that got there??

3. Clear myself a 8"x8" space to work in, no kidding actually 8"x8" space! OK so now what are we going to work with, Baroque Motifs is still out from yesterday sounds good to me don't have to go look for something else. So far everything is good.

4. Find glossy paper a chore in my mess, none the less I find it, now off to dig out the versa mark, find the embossing powder, brayer and ink. OK after an exhaustive search I locate all the supplies took 1/2 hour to find everything *whew* mental note clean studio!

5. Decided on using my Blue frost spectrum pad have had it for 3 years and this is the first time it has be used, give myself a good whats for whos for over buying things and not using them.

6. So now I stamp the flourish, wowwee pretty, I have to say this every time, embossing it the ghost in the flowers OK here is where it started to go sideways, brayer the ink on, now here is the first problem my tiny work space is now blue as well as my hands and face dang itchy nose! So now I need to remove the ink from the embossing!

7. Reach for a sock of course! Why you ask because there is laundry on my table and who knows where the paper towel is hiding?? Now the sock is a brilliant color of blue, probably will never be white again!

8. Finish dressing up the image with bling and mat it on white so far so good.

9. Off to locate my brilliant blue paper, Hmmmm it seems to be missing........ That's right i don't have any cause i never use that color! Ok now what start over??? NO WAY!! Not after turning myself and everything around me blue not to mention destroying a perfectly good sock.

10. OK think maybe I could use another shade of blue, no none of them match, what about silver?? Hmmm can't find it my mess *really have to clean this area* OK here's a plan I can make blue paper with my brayer and ink like I did for the image.

11. So now I am pretty much committed to finishing this card, so I get the glossy paper and use my brayer and ink to color it blue, so now I am blue from head to toe!! Megan thinks this is so very funny and would like to join in the fun, so she starts turning her paper blue, now we are both blue from head to toe!!

12. I finish the card cursing myself for not knowing when to stop, add bling on the corners decide I don't like it, too late it pulls a circle of color off, OK put bling back on and leave it, I just want this over and would like not to be blue anymore!!

13. Get up to got up stairs, remember I need to close the door to outside, I leave it open so the dogs can go potty, anyhoo I go to close the door, wouldn't you know it there is a bee there, so I frantically shoo the bee outside and away from the door and here is the highlight of it all!!!

You ready.......!!! I stepped in dog crap with bare feet!!!! YUCK!!! so I drag myself carefully up the stairs, don't want to get poo on the floor or blue on the walls!! I Get upstairs and throw my smurf looking, poo covered body into the shower!!

So the moral of the story is.....heck i don't know.....don't get up on Mondays!!!

Supplies: Baroque Motifs, Glossy white paper, Blue Frost spectrum pad, ribbon, dimensionals and bling!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Wackie said...

Oh, Kelly! Just reading this story has made me laugh and trying to picture you with the dog poop on your feet. I don't have dogs, but 7 cats and believe me stepping in a cat furball or puke first thing in the morning is not pleasant either. Hope your day gets better - Jackie

August 27, 2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger Peggy Maier said...

Oh my goodness! You sure gave me several laughs today - from the sock you used to wipe the card to stepping in the doggie doo - I can picture all this in my head like a movie! Hope the rest of your day goes much more smoothly (& hope the blue comes off Megan too!)

August 27, 2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger bethtrue said...

oh Kelly - you have me laughing outloud over that crazy story! Sorry to hear the trials and tribulations of your card but I must say it turned out gorgeous and I think it was worth the effort!! :-) Thanks for sharing! Hope the rest of your week is smooth sailing (Its got to be, right?)

Beth (mommy to a busy 4 yr old)

August 27, 2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the story, thanks for the laugh.

August 27, 2007 1:03 PM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

Oh Kelly!! Yes...I am laughing at your expense...too funny ;0)

August 27, 2007 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Kelly I'm bursting here! :) Sooo funny! I've not had quite this experience when I'm crafting, but man oh man, do I get you when you talk about how your creative decisions lead you here and there! Thanks for taking the time to share the whole story. Makes you wonder about the stories behind so many other...
PS--You write well...not the same as your hubby but great in your own way!

August 27, 2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger LettyLian said...

hahahaha! this is just too funny. yup, that's kind of how my days go when I finally settle down to stamp. mess after mess... but isn't it the best thing to do in all the world?

August 27, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

OMG kelly that is to funny. I really needed to laugh after the tough day I had. But for all the work you did your card is beautiful

August 27, 2007 3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EWWW! I hate stepping in Doggie doo doo. ( I swear out loud and kick the cat..no cat here it's an expression) It makes me nuts. Kinda like your story. Your area sounds like mine. Glad to know I am not the only nutjob out here. :}
LMBO :}

August 27, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

LOL - I am sorry that everything was or is blue and the dog crap, geesh, maybe sometimes just getting more sleep on Mondays may help. Thanks for the great story!

August 27, 2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger Julie S. said...

Good Gosh, Kelly -0- sounds like you are really committed to creating, or ready to be committed, yourself ;^)*

I love the picture of you and your little one, blue like smurfs [grin].

Sometimes you just gotta go with it all -- dog poop and the works. It just smells awful!

Glad you stuck with it, and the card is as good as the story is funny!

August 27, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

After all your effort...the card is beautiful! You are so funny! Somedays are like that.....keep smilin....Hugs!

August 28, 2007 4:29 AM  
Blogger Colleen Schaan said...

This is the funniest stamping story I have heard! I needed a good laugh - thanks. As for your card...it turned out BEE -utifully!

Happy Day!

August 28, 2007 7:45 AM  
Blogger Beth Thomas said...

Thanks for the chuckle (my day is starting out similarly- can you say 3-year-old shattered the toilet bowl lid)! I needed that! Both your card and the commentary are fabulous. You have a real talent for both!

August 28, 2007 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! you poor girl!

August 28, 2007 10:10 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You got me- I thought I was going to hear about a stamping mishap. Icky stepping in dog doo with bare feet.

August 29, 2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Selena said...

Got a good laugh out of that, Thanks! It was worth all that though, Beautiful card!

August 29, 2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hilarious!

August 29, 2007 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!