*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Orchid Blooms

I made this using today's color challenge, the color in the challenge were, Orchid Opulence, Sage shadow and Kraft plus neutrals if needed. I actually don't have any kraft so i used creamy caramel in its place.

Most people hate Orchid Opulence, I actually like it, if it is used subtlety.

I am so happy that I hoarded some of last year's Enchanted dp! it worked out perfectly for this card.

I used papertrey's out on a limb set and each bloom has a little stickles in the center, looks very nice in real life.

For those who are a little curious about the car cost all said and done it was $200! Not terrible but not great either. We are looking into a locking gas cap to hopefully avoid this in the future!

We took Megan with us to the mechanics so she could see that it was broken and they had to fix it, then we talked about not putting water in the car. I do think by the end she really got it, she hung her head because she was embarrassed, usually a good sign she understands. Poor kid she was just trying to help.....LOL!

Supplies: Out on a limb, Papertrey, Orchid Opulence, Sage shadow, black, white and enchanted dp, Orchid Opulence, creamy caramel, black ink, stickles, brads, ribbon.

post signature

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Niki Estes said...

Love your card, Kelly! I like how you used the colors and all the layers!

March 18, 2008 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty and I love Orchid opulence, that's one of my favorites. LOL
Karen W

March 18, 2008 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely card - I really like the colors!! Its simple and sweet. Glad your car didn't hurt your pocket to bad.
Bev
(Rette Mom)

March 18, 2008 2:21 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Beautiful card! I love the Orchid Opulence color! Deb

March 18, 2008 2:30 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

This card is beautiful! I love what you have done with these colors. :0)

March 18, 2008 3:42 PM  
Blogger jjcreations said...

Wonderful card...The bits of black really make it elegant. Joan

March 18, 2008 7:07 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely lovely card Kelly!! You've used the colours beautifully. So glad the car is fixed and it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

March 18, 2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

Such an elegant card! They really DO make locks for gas caps? I was just kidding yesterday! : )

March 19, 2008 4:27 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Sorry about your car:( Glad to hear you are back on the road.
Laura

March 19, 2008 8:53 AM  
Blogger Gina Wrona said...

Good to hear it wasn't that bad and that she understood. Sounds like you made a lasting impression.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
Gina

March 19, 2008 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this card is stunning ,girl!! Love the orchid opulence in it. and thanks for reminding me about that desgner paper that I had also hoarded...It is coming out now! TFS

March 19, 2008 5:46 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is just gorgeous!!

March 22, 2008 7:37 AM  
Blogger Laurie Unger said...

I love how this card turned out! The colors - just everything!

March 23, 2008 8:42 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

Awesome card...I love the color combo...very classy

April 01, 2008 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!