*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Update On "K"

We just got the best update on "K"! She got home yesterday the surgery went perfectly so perfectly in fact the Dr.'s were able create a J Pouch. This type of ostomy does not require an external stoma and bag and only certain people are candidates for it. An internal pouch is constructed from the rectum allowing waste products to gather there before being expelled in the normal manner although bowel movements will probably be more frequent and watery than usual.

God is good!! This is wonderful and unexpected news!! This also means she will be returning to school after spring break!! her first day back will be March 31rst!! I was so happy to get this news!! Steph and I sprang tears of Joy!!

post signature

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger kathy said...

That is awesome news Kelly. I am glad for you. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers

March 12, 2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Oh wow! That is FANTASTIC news! I hope she continues to recovery quickly!

March 12, 2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Oh wow! That is FANTASTIC news! I hope she continues to recovery quickly!

March 12, 2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Haylie said...

Awesome news!!!!

March 12, 2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

This is fantastic news, so glad to hear it.

March 12, 2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

What wonderful news!!! Thanks for updating us - I'm so glad she is doing so well!!!! Hope she enjoys all the cards you received for her!

March 12, 2008 7:09 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yay! That is wonderful news. I am very glad to hear it. I'll get my card off to her tomorrow!

March 13, 2008 1:28 AM  
Blogger Corie said...

YIPPEE -- I am so happy I cried!!!

March 13, 2008 5:37 AM  
Blogger Deb Wood said...

That's such great news Kelly, thanks for the update!! I love Paulina Piggles, too adorable and creative. I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your story about the car, hope all goes well!

March 13, 2008 8:43 AM  
Blogger Gina Wrona said...

OMG! That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news.

March 13, 2008 9:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank God! I am soo happy for her!

March 13, 2008 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Kelly!
That is Fantastic!
I am so glad to hear this update!
Our GOD is AWESOME!

March 13, 2008 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Go K!! Miracles do happen!!
Bev
(Rette Mom)

March 13, 2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

WOW . . . Thank GOD! What wonderful new for this young lady! Thanks for the update! Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk)

March 13, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Kathy K said...

Wow that is fantastic news! I'd put up with watery frequent stools to be able to not have an external bag any day. I was feeling sad for her, because I knew how self-consious I was at that age. So so glad she's doing well, and WOW a much quicker recovery!!! ;) YAY!

March 14, 2008 2:16 AM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

That is great news!! My mom has had an a colostomy since she was 19...I would not wish it on anyone. :0)

March 15, 2008 10:45 AM  
Blogger Stampin' Meg said...

Oh that is such good news for her. I am so glad.

March 17, 2008 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!