*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Springtime Daffodils


I love daffodils and always thought that stampin up's delight in life stamp set kind of looked like daffodils. So for today's way to use it challenge, I got a chance to try it out and see. I love how they turned out. The way to use it challenge was to find a way to use yoyo yellow, a color I don't use all that often, so i paired it with another color that I don't use all that often only orange and now I have a bouquet of springtime daffodils.

I have to tell you all something so cute and kind of funny.......LBMO....already. As most of you our youngest daughter Megan has autism, now Megan is getting really good at reading! So we were at burger king on Friday and Megan and I were sitting at the table waiting for Jason to bring our dinner, when she starts looking at the menu board, so she turns to me and says fish sticks???!! I say yes fish sticks good reading! Megan says fish sticks with a puzzled look on her face, the it dawns on me how strange this probably is to her, she knows what a fish is and she knows what a stick is but a fish stick.....ROTFLMBO!! She must think we are the weirdest people for wanting to eat fish sticks....LOL! So this morning while I was stamping she was coloring beside me and she draws fish sticks, fish that look like sticks.......SO CUTE!! and kind of funny!.....LMBO! Just had to share!

If you are interested in doing this way to use it challenge you can do so here WT114 - Going Yo Yo.

Supplies: Delight in Life, Happy Harmony, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, and WW card stock, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, Black ink, reinkers, prima flowers, brads, giga and mega scalloped circle punches, cm circle cutting system, cuttlebug textile folder, marker, and dimensionals.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgous card! Can't wait to try this challenge tonight!

May 24, 2007 12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to take a moment of my time to post a much needed comment. Your work is outstanding!! You are a genius, and all your work are absolute masterpieces!! LOVE THEM ALL!!! TFS!

May 24, 2007 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I don't like yellow, but your color combo is super great. Love your choice of stamps too. TFS!

May 24, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Mo Moss said...

I just got home a few minutes ago after being gone for two weeks. I love, love, love this card and your color combination. First email I opened and what a joy. I would not have thought of using the colors but will now. GOD Bless your child.

May 24, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

I love this card...love the colors...love the placement of the elements!

May 24, 2007 8:03 PM  
Blogger Mimi Hornberger said...

Wow! I don't normally like yellow but, this is great! TFS!

May 25, 2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger Holly Young said...

Kelly your story about Megan reading the menu at McDonalds reminded me of a funny story. I had my bosses granddaughter at McDonalds one afternoon and she was just learning to read. Her teacher had things in the classroom labeled with their names to help them learn. She comes running up to me and says "I can spell trashcan!" I said "You can?" and she proudly spelled
"P U S H"

May 28, 2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Linda McClain said...

wow, I love everything about this card. The flower centers, the doodling on the scallops, the embossing, the colors. Beautiful work, as always. Linda

May 28, 2007 9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!