*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Apricot Roses


I am so sad to see this set on the retiring list it makes the most gorgeous roses! I made the roses by first stamping the rose in apricot ink and rolling the edge is rose red ink, continued on all three pieces to the rose. Then I cut out all three pieces and used a stylus on the back side to curl the edges of the petals, and then used the stylus on the front of rose to indent the centers. Then taped them together and add Iridescent Ice the picture doesn't really show how sparkly they are for real.

The colors I used for today's color challenge on SCS, you will find that challenge here CC114: Apricot Roses. I'm not too fond of these colors together, a little bright but still OK.

Don't forget to check out stamps for sale , there is both current and retired stamps on the list.

Supplies: Roses In Winter, Tempting Turquoise, Rose red, and WW card stock, Tempting Turquoise, Rose red, Green Galore and Apricot Appeal inks, Versa marker,Cuttlebug, Brads, Ribbon, Stylus, II, and Dimensionals.

I had be tagged again by
Sara Frawley at Perfect Sentiments Ink to tell 7 things about myself and tag 7 others bloggers but decided instead of doing that I would complete this A-Z list I found at Marie Loves To Stamp. I would love to have you play along with me!

A - Age: 33 years (34 on the 26th)
B - Bed size: Queen
C - Chore you hate: Laundry
D - Dessert you love: Anything Chocolate, caramel or vanilla the gooier the better
E - Essential start your day item: SCS, and All the Blogs I Adore
F - Favorite actor(s): Adam Sandler, Reese Witherspoon
G - Gold or Silver: Gold
H - Height: 4' 11"
I - Instruments you play: Had to take ukulele in school, also Drums
J - Job title: SAHM, and daycare for 1yr old
K - Kid(s): Stephanie 12 (almost 14) and Megan 10
L - Living arrangements: 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house in Enderby, BC
M- Favorite Months: June(ann.) , October (Hubby's b-day) and December
N - Nicknames: Kel
O - Overnight hospital stay other than giving birth: Gallbladder Surgery
P - Phobia: Heights, Bugs!
Q - Quote(s): "That's How I roll, and Put your big girl panties on and deal with it."
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: 1 sister
T - Tattoo(s): 2 Roses on ankle, and scroll on lower back
U - Unique talent: can do a funny trick with my lower lip
V - Vegetable you hate: Turnips, Radishes
W - Worst habit: Messy craft area
X - If you were told to Xerox a part of your body what would you agree to: Boobs at least the would look perky smushed up on the glass....LMBO!!
Y - Yummy food you make: Spaghetti, Stir Fry
Z - Zodiac Sign: Gemini

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

Hi Kelly!
Sorry I've been gone for so long--over a week. I was really sick all last week and didn't get to browsing blogs. I LOVE my RIW set too and have never tried this type of rose! You make it look so easy. It's gorgeous. TFS :)

May 15, 2007 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!