*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Snowflake Dreams Birthday Gift Set






I made this gift set for my good friend Erica, when I started the set I had no idea what it was that I wanted to do for her. I started with a small paint can and added twinkley pink paper from Creative Memories Disney Princess Paper pack, add the crown and glued on matching pink boa. I was stumped as to what image to use on the front of the can, I wanted sparkle but any traditional birthday image just didn't work for me so, because of my love for Christmas and all things glittery I decided on a no traditional snowflake a nice pink glittery one. I stamped the snowflake in versamark on pretty in pink cardstock and used SU heat and stick powder then added SU retired Rose Glitter and heat to set, then mounted on to Whisper White Cardstock. I added to eyelets in pretty in pink to fed ribbon through, knotted the ends and adhered the snowflake with double sided tape.

For the inside of the can I made a nugget 3 nugget box with SU pretty in Pink cardstock as the box and Creative Memories Disney Princess Paper pack as the outer wrap for the box the nugget labels are stamped with snowflakes in pretty in pink. The take was made with Pretty in Pinks CS mounted on Whisper White CS, then stamped with a snowflake in versamark and I added a snow glitter I found at Michaels and heated to set punched a hole and tied a ribbon knot.

The hot chocolate pouch is a regular pocket card in Pretty in Pink CS stamped with SU's Bravo Burgundy and Pretty in Pink ink and a strip of Whisper Whites CS was added to the flap of the pocket.

Finally the Card I had suck a hard time with card because it just didn't seem birthday enough, but I love it anyway. I stamped a snowflake on Pretty in Pink CS in versamark and added heat and stick powder and heated then applied rose glitter and heat to set again, mounted that image on Whisper white CS and added ribbon on two corners. I used Pretty in Pink CS as the card base and stamped snow flakes in pretty in pink ink, the used versamark again, with the heat and set and glitter to add celebrate.

I hope she enjoys this set as much as I did making it, I may just make on for myself as well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is 2 cute! Love your idea!!!!!

November 08, 2006 12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOO...OOO...OOO...I want one!! lol :) Too CUTE. I have 2 little girls that would go crazy over these. Wish I was nearly as talented as you!

November 15, 2006 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!