*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Wildly Saffron Birthday Wishes

I just wanted to thank everyone who left a comment or sent me an email yesterday ( I am still responding to some )regarding my being dropped by Treehouse stamps!!

You guys always manage to cheer me up!

And you are so right everything happens for a reason, even when we aren't able to see it, there is still a greater plan in motion!!

Sending big ((HUGS)) back you all!!

I am happy to report that my Monday didn't get any worse (thankfully) it ended up being an uneventful day which is so much better then where it looked like it was headed!

Hubby kept me up until midnight (we get up at 6am) watching movies, hoping that if i was really tired I would sleep through the night. I didn't sleep through I still had wakeful times but they were shorter in duration so for that I AM THANKFUL!!

Hubby is so wonderful he's like if you want to get up in the middle of night, wake me too so we can spend so extra time together, it takes a lot to make him feel sleep deprived.

Now on to the card.....LOL!!

I made this card for today's color challenge, the colors we were given to use were wild wasabi, purely pomegranante, and so saffron, at first I didn't think I could work with them, but I actually love how they worked together on this card!!

Tomorrow is my Mom's 52nd Birthday, so this card is for her!! Although I won't be able to officially wish her a happy birthday for another 2 weeks!! She works in a diamond mine and does a rotation of 3 weeks in one week off, I can email her but that's about the only communication we have while she is in camp.

I am still working on the product review for you, got a little sidetracked yesterday.....LOL!!

Gosh you must be tired of my rambling by now!!

Supplies: Piece of cake, papertrey, you take the cake, my favorite things, white, wild wasabi, purely pomegranante, and so saffron cs, holiday harmony dp, wild wasabi, purely pomegranante, and so saffron inks, ribbon, brads, liquid pearls


post signature

Labels:

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Kelly!! I love the layout and colors!! Glad your Monday didn't get any worse:) Have a good one today
Sue R

March 04, 2008 11:21 AM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Sorry missed yesterday's post, how dare they drop you, you are one of the most creative individuals in blogland, but as you say everything is for a reason, a door closes a window open, oh my (enough of that) Love your card.

March 04, 2008 12:41 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

Love your layouts and colours for this card - looks wonderful! I can't wait for this colour range to come to Australia (next month!!!) So glad your day didn't get any worse and you actually got some sleep!

March 04, 2008 1:04 PM  
Blogger mimiburroughs said...

LOVE your card!! Your Mom will love it too! Thanks for sharing!

March 04, 2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I am glad you are feeling better today Kelly - as you said, everything happens for a reason!

Your card is really adorable - love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

March 04, 2008 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly-
yours is one of the greatest sites out there! I look forward to your inspirational work!
Keep on stamping and sharing what you LOVE to do!
Gloria in LeRoy, IL

March 04, 2008 1:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great birthday card for your mom- beautiful design and I love the colors!

March 04, 2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

Nope, not tired of your "rambling!" LOL! Love this gorgeous card!!! Your hubby sounds like a keeper!

March 04, 2008 2:51 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card, and I love the colors!!

March 04, 2008 3:31 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

We don't mind your ramblings at all. Beautiful card as usuall

March 04, 2008 5:07 PM  
Blogger Lastel said...

Beautiful card for your Mom ! Sorry about you losing you design job for Treehouse ! God does not close a door without opening another , I bet something better will come along soon !

March 04, 2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger Velta said...

Kelly ~ This card is so beautiful...it absolutely reminds me of my daughter's wedding cake! This is an awesome compliment because the cake cost over $600. I read about your deal with Treehouse Stamps...the letter they wrote you "really" did not sound like it had anything at all to do with you and your work. Damn Postal Stuff! Your work has always been one of my very favorites. As far as I am concerned...YOU ROCK when it comes to card making! So you hang in there for all of us (your fans). Cause we love ya bunches :)

March 05, 2008 5:38 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

gorgeous card Kelli, you really worked it! love this color combo!

March 05, 2008 5:58 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Well,, well, well, you got your MOJO back! And then some! Wonderful card, really pretty, and I like the colors, too. You made them really work together! I hope you are feeling better today. I too go through phases of not sleeping well and I am usualy a very sound sleeper. I always blame hormones! LOL Or that I have alot of my unconsious mind. It will get better.
Have a good Day!!!!
Dorothy

March 05, 2008 6:43 AM  
Blogger Lauren (mytime) said...

Kelly your creations are phenominal! A word I dont use lightly :D This card is amazing. I am sorry you are disappointed in what has happended. A friend of mine is on a DT with me, she lives in Canada-and when I hear what shipping costs sometimes for things to get to her I shriek!
I know its sucks. Its not fair. Its bad enough waiting to get orders and pay a fee for them.
I feel SO sad for you-seriously. But, hey at least its not because your work isnt fabulous. Its a politics/money thing. Its hard for new companies.
I know Im blabbering away-I just want you to feel better.
CYBER hugs!!!
Lauren

March 05, 2008 8:35 AM  
Blogger orneryswife said...

Ooh. I love the colors! Actually the whole card is marvelous. I'm glad you shared that about your husband wanting you to wake him up to spend more time together. That is awesome. I predict a long and happy life together! :-)
TM

March 05, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card! Love the DP and that stamp is fabulous!

March 05, 2008 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!