*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, March 03, 2008

No Mojo Monday

I have no mojo today, ever have one of those Monday's that just start out the pits??

First off I was awake most of the night I seem to be developing insomnia, I can sleep for an or two but then I am wide awake. if I wasn't so stubborn I would just get up and go down to my studio to play, but nooooo I am hey self " we will lay here until we pass out" Self says back it will be a long wait" and it was it took a couple of hours to fall back asleep and then it was time to get up!

Then I got up to 6" inches of snow, you know the wet heavy slushy kind!! All weekend we were thawing nicely could actually see 50% of the grass, but now everything is snow covered again.....Blah!

Then I woke up to 4 unsubscription notices, I try not to let it get to me but sometimes it does, especially when it's that many at once.

So after that I get this email from Treehouse stamps, saying they love my work BUT

"
Hi, Kelly!

We hope you're having a good Monday so far. We are writing you regarding your design team membership. First of all, I want to preface this by saying, you are awesome at what you do!! We love every card you have designed for us and we've enjoyed getting to know you. Ashley and I have thought about this long and hard and we feel like we are being unfair to you as a design team member. As you know, we are starting out as a very small company and are still learning the ropes of everything in this business. We feel like we are running last minute on our product and are having an issue getting the images to you girls in a timely manner. It's particularly hard for us to get things to you because of our distance. Shipping express to Canada is very costly and then there's no gaurantee that it will arrive to you as soon as we'd like. With the volume we are starting with, and using our own funds to make this dream a reality, we are slim on resources to be spending so much on shipping fees. We feel at this time it would be best for us if we went with the design team members within the United States. I have to stress, this is no reflection on you or the hard work you've put into Treehouse Stamps as a design team member. It's just simply not fair to you, because you don't have enough time to promote our product before our releases. We are truly sorry for this news and we hope you do not have hard feelings toward us. We really like you and your creations are beyond perfection. We hope you understand.

Thank you so much for everything!

Best wishes and big hugs,
Kristin & Ashley"

I totally get it, it does make sense but added to my already yucky day it just Zapped all my mojo away!! I have no hard feelings at all as these women as awesome and their stamps truly rock!!! I has been a pleasure working for them.

So there you have it and it is only 10 am here!! What else could happen today!! I don't want to know!!

Sorry for the long post, off to go pull up my boot straps and carry on, cause that's what we do!!

I did however get to play with my new Papertrey goodies, I love their new colors they are so springy and perfect for cheering me up today! I am working on my very first product review for you too!

Supplies: Elzybells stamps, papertrey, white, spring moss and aqua mist cs, Everyday blessings dp, black ink, copics, glitter pen, gel pen, rub on, ribbon, brads, nestablities, prima flowers.

post signature

Labels:

32 Comments:

Blogger Haylie said...

{{{HUGS}}} to you Kelly! Hope you're day gets better!

March 03, 2008 10:44 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Man! It seems like when it rains it pours - but don't worry - you still have a fan club in the blogging world - I personally love all your creations, even if I don't get to post a comment on every one - you are a totally AMAZING stamper and I'm sure some other design team will snap you up b/c of your awesome abilities! Here's hoping that your day gets much better now!

March 03, 2008 10:49 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

That;s shady of them to do that really! They knew what they were getting into Kelly! Anywho, far better companies out that that will give yah a chace girl! Your work rocks and they are at a big loss lettin yah go!!!
Hope your day starts looking up girl!
((Hugs))
Monica

March 03, 2008 11:27 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

HUGZ Kelly!

Your day will get better.

I think sometimes as woman we take everything to "heart". Don't...because you are so very talented!

March 03, 2008 11:33 AM  
Blogger Niki Estes said...

{HUGS} Hope your day gets better!

March 03, 2008 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to get better Kelly!! I am a new subscriber living in Kelowna ;) and love your work. Very motivating and love your designs. Remember that everything happens for a reason........it can only go up.
Hugs to you - the sun will be back tomorrow and melting all this white stuff. Sounds like you got more than we did, but it's gone tomorrow.
Sue R

March 03, 2008 1:08 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wow that is a rough start for a monday!!! But you're a tough cookie
and this will only make you stronger!! It'll be better tomorrow
I'm sure!! Hang in there girl!!!
Your card is gawwwwgeous!!!

March 03, 2008 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly. Did you know that other bloggers also got lots of unsubs yesterday because of the "403 Forbidden error that many people received yesterday instead of their blog feed. I subscribe to about 15 blogs and got that error message yesterday. Just wanted you to know--here's a cyber rubber hug just for you! {hugs} Darlene

March 03, 2008 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelley, you are just one of many victims of a very childish and petty fight between the Candadian and US postal service. I've tried numerous times to get things to Canada and they just disappear. Our postmaster said this has been going on for several years. I can send all over the world in 5-10 days but Canada's a nightmare to get anything to. I"m so sorry for you, that stinks!!!
Karen W

March 03, 2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger Monika/Buzsy said...

Kelly... sending you a big hug... cheer up girl! When one door closes another one opens up... We are still here... admiring your creations!

March 03, 2008 2:00 PM  
Blogger otagogirl said...

Wow, I feel so bad for you! I can also see where they are coming from about the design team, but as another person has pointed out, they knew you were from Canada when they hired you.
We still love you! Sleep well tonight- try hot milk before bed, it really does help. Don't put chocolate in it, because that contains caffeine, kinda has the wrong effect :-)
Reeeelllaaxxxx!

Karen.

March 03, 2008 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please believe what Kelly said about the 403 messages. I inadvertently unsubbed from some (not yours) because I couldn't seem to get back to the real blog and thought there might be a virus or something.

I'm having a really crummy day myself. Let's make ourselves CRUMMY DAY CARDS and hopefully make ourselves laugh and have a better evening!

March 03, 2008 3:14 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

So sorry Kelly - what a wretched start to the week. If it's any consolation I really don't get a lot of magazines, but I do go to SCS and a handful of blogs daily (yours is one). Hope your day gets better. :)

March 03, 2008 3:28 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

Ps...I like your card!

March 03, 2008 3:29 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Man, that sucks.... hugs to you!

March 03, 2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Hugs ! I hate it when the day starts off like that. you know what they say, when one door closes another door opens! I'm sure the rest of your week will be amazing...creatively and otherwise.

March 03, 2008 4:18 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

Awwwww Kelly I am so sorry to hear about all your woes today but looka the bright side. At least you got to work with them and find out you love thier stamps and if the company booms they will surely ask you back because you are so very talented. I hope the rest of the week goes smooth for you because you deserve it.

March 03, 2008 4:25 PM  
Blogger carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, Kelly -- that really stinks. I have to believe bigger and better things are in store for you, because you are a terrific artist and that just seems patently unfair. Some of the most talented stampers are Canadian (as well as some of the best stamp companies!). HUGS and hang in there!

March 03, 2008 4:58 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

So sorry to hear you are having such a bad day!! You are very talented, you make beautiful cards, and I visit your blog everyday to view them!! As for people unsubscribing, don't worry about it, hon!! We luv ya and will keep on comin' back!! As for design teams, well, their loss!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

March 03, 2008 5:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Aw Kelly- I'm so sorry about the design team thing. A few weeks ago I happened to be e-mailing with someone coordinating a design team and I happened to mention that I would have applied for the team if I hadn't been in the process of trying to sell my house. She said she really wished I had as she and the owner of the company love my work and I got the idea I woulda made it. Yeah- my house sold like less than a week later.

March 03, 2008 6:31 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

Hugs to you!!! Some days are just like that......it is almost over and tomorrow is a new day!

March 03, 2008 7:05 PM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

Sorry to hear about your pissy day. I am sending you some big big big cyber hugs!! :0)

March 03, 2008 7:33 PM  
Blogger JanTink said...

I agree...some other stamp company will snap you up...your stuff rocks!

March 03, 2008 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, don't let them get you down. I don't even care for their style of stamps--someone will snatch you up in no time, if that is what you choose. I visit your blog everyday and enjoy your cards alot. Keep your chin up. Sorry about not sleeping, I do not have that problem and I love my sleep.

Lorri, Nanaimo, BC

March 03, 2008 8:20 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Sorry to hear your had such a rough night and morning! My Daddy use to tell me that everything seems worse when you are tired, after a good nightrest you will have a much better perspective! Sleep well and keep up the beautiful work! I will always stop by to visit! Deb

March 03, 2008 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totaly get the no mojo!!! I have 2 card bases cut out! lol I need to have them in the mail tomorrow! but Im too pooped to poop! so Im going to do them tomorrow!

If I'm one of the peeps that unsubscribed its because I now have a feed burner so its way yeaser to see whats new on blogs ect so I have unsubscribed from all blogs!

I still love your blog!!!

March 03, 2008 9:58 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Hang in there Kelly! We all love you and I promise you will get your Mojo back - everybody has an off day!
Dorothy

March 04, 2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

HUGS Kelly! Hang in there, you are strong and you'll get through this rough spot just fine. Your projects are all gorgeous, including this one, and any company is losing a LOT in letting you go.

Sending you happy thoughts and sweet dreams...

March 04, 2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Hugs, Kelly!! I love your adorable card!! (By the way...I think you have more mojo in your pinky than I have in my whole body. *wink*)

March 04, 2008 3:39 PM  
Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Oh goodness Kelly! I'm sorry for your rough day. I'm just now catching up on things. I wanted to let you know I dropped that card off at the post office this morning. Sorry I didn't get it mailed on Tuesday :(
What a bummer to be dropped from a DT. Wonder if they realize HOW much it costs for US to get stuff shipped to Canada if we BUY from them? Honestly if I hear that they don't want to pay the shipping for you to help promote them, then why would I want to pay the shipping to get it to me?! Some companies have way too high shipping. Then paying customs, it's not worth it.
Hope your week is starting to improve!!
Your work is MUCH appreciated and I love seeing all your wonderful creations!
Hope you don't mind if I link your blog on mine? If it's a problem, holler at me ;)

March 05, 2008 2:05 PM  
Blogger Charlene Austin said...

Awww...that's horrible! I am so sorry that happened to you. But I believe it is their loss. YOUR TALENT made their stamps look amazing. They couldn't be very successful of a company if they can't afford a bit of postage in order to get such talent to showcase their stamps.

March 06, 2008 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work is gorgeous, beautifully done and chock full of rich details. I love everything on your blog, so keep up the great work.

March 09, 2008 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!