*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Flourishing Day


I can't believe it I managed to get two cards done this morning! Whoohoo!! The first card was made with Flourishes Mardi Gras set, and Basic Grey's Two Scoops paper also available at Flourishes. I love the two scoops paper pack the colors are too sweet!!








This card was made for today's sketch challenge, not too sure how I feel about it, I LOVE the colors just not sure about the rest, I may try pull it all apart later, and see if I can do something better, probably should just let sleeping dogs lie though. The sentiment is from Flourishes and is called Flourished words, the script they chose is so elegant.

Man oh man did we get a dumping of snow yesterday, when I went to pick Jason up it was white out conditions, needless to say I was not thrilled. Normally I love winter, but for some reason this year I have just had enough already!!

Supplies: Mardi Gras, Flourishes, FLLC, Bashful Blue, wild wasabi white card stock, two scoops DP, Black ink, ribbon, and nestabilities.

Supplies: Flourished Words, Flourishes, FLLC, soft sky, chocolate chip card stock, soft sky designer prints, chocolate chip ink, ribbon, build a brad, prima flowers, brads.

post signature

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Love your Madri Gras card, have that set and planned on using it tonight and here we are something wonderful that I can case.

January 30, 2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

I think they are both great!!! I love the colors together and the ribbon looks perfect with it. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

January 30, 2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

Great cards. I like how the middle of the flower matched the ribbon on the second card. :0)

January 30, 2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow...I love that blue and brown one! Great job on both!

January 30, 2008 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on both cards! That Flurishes stamp reminds me of Mary Poppins!!! How fun is that?!
Diane

January 30, 2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I really love these both, Kelly!!! Some fabulous colors here!!!

January 30, 2008 5:14 PM  
Blogger Lauren (mytime) said...

My you have been busy!!! I think both are beautiful! I love the build-a-brad one. Think its perfect.

Interesting you say you are introverted. HMMMMM

I am very outgoing and my daughter is extremetly introverted. I wish I knew what to do to help her too.

January 30, 2008 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny about your dogs... haa haa! And I can't imagine your winters... wow! I love snow and we never really get very much...
On to your cards... I love them both.. the blue and brown are a perfect compliment and I love the scripty sentiment. Great as always!

January 30, 2008 6:17 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

It's funny how sometimes our creations that we "aren't sure of" are other peoples favorites! I adore them both but especially LOVE the one for the sketch challenge!

January 31, 2008 3:57 AM  
Blogger Stampin' Meg said...

Oh wow- how many layers did you do on that best wishes card? 50?!!! It looks great!

January 31, 2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Gabby said...

Wonderful job as always! Now...tag...you're it! For details visit my blog at: http://confessionsofastamper.blogspot.com/2008/01/tagim-it-middle-name-game.html

Thanks for playing!

Gabby

January 31, 2008 5:04 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

Both cards are just Beautiful!!!

January 31, 2008 6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!