*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowman Tree Ornament



I made this ornament actually I made 6 of them for Megan and Stephanie's aides at school as well as one for my mom and my sister! isn't that just the sweetest face!! I got the tutorial and box instructions from here Gift Box Lynda's snowmen and boxes were just too darling for words!!



I just love the boxes the will house these cute little snowmen!! I couldn't decide one which box to post so I posted box styles!!








Supplies: Pink, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi card stock, DP, Ribbon, circle cutter, crop-i-dile, clear bulbs, white paint, stickles, fuzzy socks, snowman button, sharpie pen, gold cord, orange wire, sticky strip tape.

I used an adult sized sock to I could get two hats out of every sock instead of a kid sized sock where I could only get one hat per sock.

The sock I cut in half then cut the toe section off so i have 2 tube like pieces, I used sticky strip to attach hat to the bulb, then cut the top of the sock into quarters, the cut the quarters into strips. and tied off with ribbon making sure to secure it around the top of the bulb.

The nose is orange wire curled around a pencil to make the shape and attached with crystal effects.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Lesa said...

This is stinking cute! I love the boxes too! Great job sis!

December 16, 2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

Too cute!! :0)

December 16, 2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

The ornament is adorable and the boxes are fantastic, would leave the box out all year.

December 16, 2007 7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simply adorable!

Michelle
blog.michellescrapbooking.com

December 17, 2007 6:13 AM  
Blogger ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! I love the ornament and the boxes! That 2nd box is so stunning and chic! WOW!

December 17, 2007 6:24 AM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

I love the snowman ornament. Great work!

December 17, 2007 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to learn how to make these! I am thinking I wanna fill my chritmas tree up with these adorable lil buggers next yr!!! You did a fantastic job on this Kelly!

December 17, 2007 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are adorable! Especially that ornament!

Korin
www.sweetnsassystamps.com

December 17, 2007 1:19 PM  
Blogger Velta said...

You never cease to amaze me...Lovely :)

December 17, 2007 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too Cute!! I went to a Christmas class and we made something like this - but by far your's ROCKS! Bev (Rette Mom)

December 17, 2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger michelle sturgeon said...

Adorable ornament and I LOVE the box!

December 18, 2007 6:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cute. Love the colors!

December 18, 2007 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!