*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Frosted Santa


I made this card for today's color challenge, love the colors together Creamy Caramel, White and Purely Pomegranate. I tried a new technique or at least new to me I applied a coat of Crystal Effects over the Santa image and coated it with micro beads, in real life it has almost a frosted glass look.

I love this Santa stamp, it is just a beautiful image. Well we are now back to normal after our long weekend, I am almost a little sad thought I so do enjoy sleeping in a bit......LOL!

If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here CC140. I have been getting quite a few email regarding the Holly Leaves and berry brads, they are made by Making Memories sold in a package with 24 leaves and 12 brads so enough to make 12 complete hollies. I got mine at our local craft supply store, so I'm not too sure who is carrying them.

Supplies: Santa from Stampfransico, Baroque Motifs, Weathered BG, Creamy Caramel, White and Purely Pomegranate card stock, White and Purely Pomegranate inks, micro beads, ribbon, brads, crystal effects, and dimensionals.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

What a stunning card.

November 13, 2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Laurie Unger said...

This is just wonderful!

November 13, 2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger Shannon Tompkins said...

Great idea. I am going to have to try that with an image.

November 13, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful, love the monochromatic look.

November 13, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

This is a great effect, Kelly! I really need to get me some of those beads...I don't know why I keep putting it off. :0)

November 13, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the vintage Santa Claus stamps, I've got to get me some. tfs

November 13, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

Wow! So Beautiful!!..you have these colors looking fabulous together and the santa looks wonderful!!

November 13, 2007 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome, I sure love this Santa & with the micro beads it looks great!

November 13, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is gorgeous! Great Santa image, and those colors are luscious together.

November 13, 2007 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the info on the holly and berries. Will keep my eyes open. Thanks for the great ideas! dorothy Freber

November 13, 2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Debby Winters said...

Absolutely stunningly beautiful! The colours work so well for this card...just breath taking!

November 13, 2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Alley said...

Awsome card very elegant and vintage, Love it.

November 13, 2007 4:54 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

What a beautiful Santa card...

November 13, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Soguesswhat11 said...

WOW, your work is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

BTW, you've been tagged! See my blog for details, SBS sista. http://ginapcrafts.blogspot.com

November 14, 2007 5:19 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I love that color combo with that stamp.

November 14, 2007 6:23 AM  
Blogger Little C's Creations said...

love that Santa!!!! Pretty card girl!
hugs,
Jen

November 14, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

What a beauty Kelly!!!

November 14, 2007 3:51 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous Santa card!! Wow...I love this!

November 16, 2007 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!