*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Father Christmas


I got this stamp from Stamp Francisco a couple of years ago and I love it, I love vintage Santa's!! This is my first attempt at cracked glass, I didn't have any UTE so I had to use my regular clear EP it took 10 coats!! I thought is was never going to take.....LOL!

Today's Way To Use It challenge was to use velvet, well i have been sitting on this velvet paper for over two years, it is gorgeous paper in real life not too sure if the photo captured how pretty it really is. This paper was left over from our wedding invitations, I wish I had more of it, but I have never been able to find it again.

Well my sister did phone last night and............ the ultrasound and Mammogram showed no cause for concern.........whew......... her doctor will get the full report and her blood work next week but as far as the techs were concerned there is no cause for concern. Thank you for all who prayed and kept her in your thoughts, it has meant the world to us God is good.

Supplies: Santa from Stamp Francisco, Bravo Burgundy, River rock, VV card stock, Velvet DP, Bravo burgundy, River Rock ink, Brads, Ticket corner punch, Ribbon, Clear EP, Holly leaves and Berry brads, Stickles, and Dimesionals.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Simply stunning! I love all your extra touches! What a special card!

November 08, 2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger Shannon Tompkins said...

I love this image as well. Love your take on it.

November 08, 2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

WOW, what an awesome card, so elegant. Beautiful. did I say Awesome? Love it, such a great image and you certainly showed it to the fullest.

November 08, 2007 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an awesome card! and great to hear about your sister!

November 08, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I'm glad the prayers helped!! That card is absolutely stunning!!

November 08, 2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Gina Wrona said...

unbelievable! you rock!

November 08, 2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger michelle sturgeon said...

This is just gorgeous!

November 08, 2007 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right God is Good. I am glad your sister got a good report. Your card is beautiful.
JoAnn B.

November 08, 2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Kelly- what a relief about your sister!

I love the card! I recognized that Santa right away. I helped Catherine at convention about 5 years ago- I just love her stamps!

November 08, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Lastel said...

Gorgeous card ! Glad to hear you sis is ok !

November 08, 2007 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my all-time favorite santa stamps ... perfect for this technique ... just beautiful.

November 08, 2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger A.Lee said...

Hi, Kelly. I haven't heard from you since my SCS thread. Hop on over to my blog to join the Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers...if you dare.
Alana
http://distinctinkbyalana.blogspot.com

November 08, 2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Sandra Smart said...

God is good! Happy to hear the good news about your sister.
And this card is gorgeous! Love the Santa!

November 09, 2007 4:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

love this stamp!
So glad to hear you got good news.

November 09, 2007 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is good news! So happy for your sister!

Your card is beautiful! I can make out some of the velvet and it *is* gorgeous. Happy weekend right back at ya!

November 09, 2007 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

I'm glad all is well with your sister.

November 09, 2007 10:57 AM  
Blogger Little C's Creations said...

that is great news to hear about your sister. Yay!! what a relief, huh?!?!

You did a great job with this card. Love what you did with Santa, baby!!!

hugs to you,
Jen

November 09, 2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Your vintage Santa is stunning, Kelly! Love it!

November 12, 2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger Kerry Johnson said...

Love this card - it is absolutely gorgeous!! The velvet and that stamp are to die for! I have added you to my blog for SBS - so glad to see another canuck there!

November 13, 2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!