*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Hot Chocolate Card and Mini Tutorial

I love giving away hot chocolate during the holiday season and normally I made a pocket card and slide the hot chocolate into the pouch, but I wanted to make one this year that was more like a card, so this is what I have come up. Such a simple design and it works perfectly! I chose my colors based one the hot chocolate packet colors, but I think I will go back and do one in more traditional colors. I used brilliance cloud white ink on the cuttlebugged layer just to bring the snowflakes to life........LOL!










I am giving you a view of the inside and of the side with the tie, before I send it off I will cover the inside with another layer to hide the brads and use my printer to add the saying ** To my special friend so dear, wishing you a cup of holiday cheer**



Supplies: Gina K skinny snowman, Verve Visual Winter Wishes, Bayou blue, Not Quite navy, River Rock, WW card stock, Versa magic Black, Brilliance cloud white, copics, liquid applique, ribbon, brads, ticket corner punch, dimensionals, snowflake, cuttlebug, and stickles.








Start with card stock sized at 6 inches by 10 1/2 inches score at 3 1/2 and 7 put end piece in cutter corner to corner and cut to create pocket use sticky strip to secure the bottom.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Rose Ann said...

This is perfect, Kelly!! I love the embossing, snow, and big snowflake! Thanks for the tute as well! What a great idea!!

November 01, 2007 12:06 PM  
Blogger Kathy W said...

Kelly, very cute! Thanks for the great idea and tutorial. I'm going to make some of these for sure.

November 01, 2007 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great ideas!

November 01, 2007 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, what a great idea.

November 01, 2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

How great, thanks for sharing, love that snowman.

November 01, 2007 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love this,,its sooo cute! Kelly, I'm just additcted to your site, I really enjoy looking @ all of your beautiful creations every day...only wish my mind worked like yours does....

November 02, 2007 5:40 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Really cute idea, Kelly! And it looks easy enough to make in multiples!

November 02, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger Crafty Connie said...

A truly wonderful gift idea! Thanks for sharing.

November 03, 2007 7:03 AM  
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

this is fantastic! love the idea

November 03, 2007 10:46 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

Love this card...and fantastic idea. TFS

November 03, 2007 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!