*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fancy Pants Believe


I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts about chocolate with you for this Chocolate Sunday. I can tell you I will eating a ton of chocolate in the near future, with having the EX stay with us and all, I will use to calm and soothe me......LMBO!! do I really need an excuse.....**wink**



Fun Chocolate Facts

On the fourth visit of Christopher Columbus to the Americas, he came across cocoa beans, which he presented to the Spanish court. King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, however, dismissed chocolate as a bizarre tribal concoction. Boy, did they miss the boat!

“Giri Choco” is a japanese custom which means “duty chocolate.” It calls for employees to give chocolates to their managers as a token of loyalty.

A recent study indicates when men crave food, they tend to crave fat and salt. When women crave food, they tend to desire chocolate.

The botanical name of the chocolate plant is Theobramba cacao, which means “Food of the Gods.”

Chocolate was considered an aphrodisiac by the Aztec Indians, and as such, was forbidden to women. Today, some postulate that chocolate triggers a brain chemical that produces the same reaction brought on by a passionate love affair. Perhaps that is why, when a love affair turns sour, many a spurned lover goes on a chocolate binge.





Todays featured stamper for the featured stamper was Stamps4funinCA, here is the link to the challenge FS17: And She'll have FUN, FUN, FUN...., and here is the card I decided to case Fancypants Birthday. I love this card and I love how it turned out! I also love that I got to play with my Fancy Pants stamps and my Tuscan Rose stamps again yeah!! I love these stamps I used the Bella Brush for this card!

Supplies: Linen, Fancy Pants stamps,Flourishes (Tuscan Rose)Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy card stock, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip and craft White inks, Bling, Primas (Sassy and Sweet Crafts), Ribbon(Jacksonbelle Embellishments) , Brads (Just Brads and Eyelets), Distresser(StarLitStudio), and Dimensionals.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Love that card and thanks for the chocolate info! I think I'll go have some now :-)

June 03, 2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

Beautiful, Kelly! I love those scrolls!

June 03, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Toni said...

Beautiful card! I have and love those Fancy Pants stamps.

June 03, 2007 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! This is pure genius!! It's magnificant, you are a true ARTIST!!

June 03, 2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Lesa said...

This is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing!

June 03, 2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Peggy Maier said...

Beautiful card!
Just remember - keep saying "I can do this, I can do this..." while you nibble on that piece of chocolate! May God bless you with peace, calmness & joy in your heart!

June 03, 2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Cute cards Kelly!!

June 03, 2007 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This card is totally gorgeous!

June 04, 2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger Alli Miles said...

I can hardly believe my eyes! I made a similar card (colours and stamp sets) to this the other day and have yet to post it. I must be on the same wave length as you. That being said, I think yours is way more delicious than mine *smile* Thanks for sharing this GORGEOUS card.

June 04, 2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger Erica Payne said...

How gorgeous Kelly! I love it!!

June 04, 2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Holy WOW! This is totally gorgeous!!

June 04, 2007 8:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, enough with the fancy pants, my will to not buy them is slowly disintegrating!!! lol

I love this perhaps even more than the one above!!!

Beautiful Kelly just Beautiful

June 09, 2007 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!