*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Card for Julia


As most of you have probably already heard that Julia S's mom passed away this week, Julia runs the way to use it challenge on SCS, this card is for Julia using today's way to use challenge, using a square card. My heart goes out to Julia and her family at this difficult time. Cammie (SCS name) also posted a challenge for us to make cards for Julia, what a wonderful idea Carolyn (Cammie) is one of the sweetest people around. So in honor of Julia I stepped a little outside my comfort zone and tried to creat a card that reminded me of a card she might make herself. I only hope I did justice to her styling. I really love how the Tuscan RoseFlourishes accent the sentiment.

If you would like to try this challenge you can find the link here WT118 - Be Square and WT118B Outreach.

Supplies: Flourishes (Tuscan Rose), Brighter Tomorrow, Cranberry Crisp, Barely Banana, Basic grey's Stella Ruby, Cranberry Crisp, and Black inks, Brads, Prima Flowers, Pearl, and Dimesionals.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Lovely card Kelly! I'm sure Julia will love it!

June 21, 2007 9:06 AM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet gesture....the card is very pretty!

June 21, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

Beautiful job!!! :0)

June 21, 2007 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card for Julia is beautiful....I'm sure she will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

June 21, 2007 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I'm sure she will appreciate it. The flourish looks nice with the sentiment, and I like the antique looking brads. Thanks for sharing; sympathy cards are a challenge for me.

June 21, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wow! It's so pretty! Great gesture,I'm sure she'll appreciate it!

June 21, 2007 4:58 PM  
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous card Kelly

June 21, 2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Your card is very beautiful! I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

June 22, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Erica Payne said...

This card is beautiful. I love everything about it!

June 25, 2007 3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!