*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Soaring Eagle

I made this for today's sketch challenge such a cool sketch! At first I was thinking what am I going to do with this but it was perfect for a scenery shot. And I knew I had the perfect stamp for creating a beautiful sunset scenery shot, my Daily Bread Designs, On Eagles' Wings stamp set.

I brought my brayer back out and tried a different colored sky this time, I still need a ton more practice but I am really enjoying the learning process!! Thanks so to Michelle Zindorf for her tutorial on SCS!

Not too sure if you can tell in the photo but the images are spritzed with 2 colors of glimmer mist, in real life it kind of gives the sky a coppery glow, so pretty.

This card makes me miss my Dad so much, it would have been perfect for Father's Day and my Dad loved Eagles! Maybe the girls and I will put it inside a balloon and send it up to Heaven on Father's Day as a gesture of our love.

Supplies: Our daily Bread deigns, On Eagles' Wings, Baroque Motifs, black, pumpkin pie, really rust and white cs, black, really rust, more mustard, pumpkin pie, cranberry crisp, and summer sun, inks, copics, white singlo gel pen, cuttlebug, glimmer mist (gold and coffee), brads, sponges, brayer.

post signature

Labels:

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW that is spectacular!!
Hugs,Sharon

May 07, 2008 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great card Kelly--I love it. That eagle is such a great stamp. TFS. Darlene

May 07, 2008 1:17 PM  
Blogger Susan B. said...

Wow, this is one of your best! Great card! Keep stampin.
Sue

May 07, 2008 1:22 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Sharkas said...

What a beautiful card, Kelly and what a wonderful idea to send it up in a balloon.

May 07, 2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

What a fun sketch - and what a beautiful card! TFS!

May 07, 2008 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, that touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes. Such a great idea with the balloon!

Absolutely beautiful card!! I LOVE it!

May 07, 2008 1:28 PM  
Blogger Ida said...

Kelly, This is absolutely beautiful! I love everything about it. Also I thought your idea of sending it up in a balloon was very touching. I miss my dad too and it's been 10 years since he passed away. God Bless

May 07, 2008 1:34 PM  
Blogger Karen W said...

This is totally awesome, can you post a link for the tutorial?
Thanks!!! Karen W

May 07, 2008 1:45 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a gorgeous ard Kelly & that would be a fabulous idea to send it to Heaven.

May 07, 2008 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!

May 07, 2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Gorgeous card Kelly!!!

May 07, 2008 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly - this card is just stunning! TFS - Karen U

May 07, 2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger SmilynStef said...

Fabulous card ... so perfect for the sketch.

May 07, 2008 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! don't you just love today's sketch challenge!

The sky effect is beautiful!

May 07, 2008 7:53 PM  
Blogger Julie S. said...

I agree -- this is a showstopper -- and one of your all-time best.
Great job.
Yes, the balloon idea is perfect... or if he were a religious person, leave the note in a church, so more folks can enjoy your card!

May 07, 2008 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful as usual Kelly - you are convincing me that I NEED this stamp set - I love it:)
Sue R
Kelowna

May 07, 2008 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Kelly what a beautiful tribute to your dad!!! the card is just beautiful, as is all of your art!

May 08, 2008 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome card. Beautifully done.
Thanks for sharing.
Sandy W.

May 08, 2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger Jukie said...

This is just stunning!

May 08, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!!

May 08, 2008 6:45 PM  
Blogger jjcreations said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Breathtaking. Joan

May 08, 2008 7:57 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Quite striking! I think sending the card in a ballon to heaven is a wonderful idea! Deb

May 08, 2008 11:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Gorgeous Kelly! One of your best ever and I love to see you come out of your comfort zone and away from the ribbon for a change (I love how you use ribbon but I like this piece).

May 09, 2008 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and majestic!!!

May 09, 2008 1:16 PM  
Blogger JazzyH said...

Your cards are always beautiful.

May 09, 2008 2:55 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Stunning, beautiful and utterly gorgeous. I cannot tell you how much I think of this card! Incredible!

May 09, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Wow - cool eaglecard!

xAndrea

May 12, 2008 8:38 AM  
Blogger Jena said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I've seen a few cards using this sketch but yours is my fav, by far! Great job and TFS!

May 12, 2008 1:13 PM  
Blogger ChrissyM said...

Wow! This is a goregous card! This is my favorite card using this sketch, fantastic job!!! Wow very breath taking!

May 14, 2008 2:59 PM  
Blogger Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Absolutely stunning!

May 30, 2008 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!