*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On Eagles' Wings

I really stepped out of my comfort zone today to create this card for the sketch challenge on SCS.
I have had my brayer for years, but honestly it never sees any ink.

I created the first panel using soft sky, bayou blue and not quite navy, this is my first time trying to create a sky like this, and I think it turned out okay. This is also the first time my On Eagles' Wings from Our Daily Bread designs has seen ink.

The image panel was created only using soft sky, followed by the eagle stamped with palette ink in burnt umber and finished off with the sentiment in black ink.

You should see my hands.......LOL!! Very bruised looking.....ROTFLMBO!! Thank you so much for all your well wished and healing thoughts regarding my ruptured ear drum Actually today is so much better then yesterday, it still hurts but it is no longer that blinding pain.

It was so nice to hear all about how spring is coming along in your areas, it helps me to be hopeful that we may join the ranks of spring too.

Supplies: On Eagles' wings, our daily bread designs, soft sky, not quite navy, black and white cs, soft sky, bayou blue, not quite navy, pumpkin pie, summer sun, burnt umber and black ink, brads, sponges, circle punch, brayer.

post signature

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger otagogirl said...

STUNNING card! Well done!

Karen.

April 23, 2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Carolyn Sharkas said...

Kelly, It's beautiful, I love it.

April 23, 2008 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cards are always "Just Perfect!" I love this one even though it might have caused you bruises...LOL

April 23, 2008 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! This is my favorite church song, even had it sung at my weddidng. I have a question unrelated to this card. You made so many pretty cards with holiday harmony paper at Christmas. Before SU fixed the spelling problem did it affect very many sheets in 1 pack? I am buying some thru SCS and I want to know how many sheets were bad. Thanks!!!! michellemallett@comcast.net

April 23, 2008 2:32 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful card. Your talent amazes me. I even paid tribute to you yesterday!

I hope your ruptured ear drum is on the mend quickly.

April 23, 2008 3:18 PM  
Blogger ChrissyM said...

wow! what a gorgeous card, goregous doesn't even begin to describe this card! Amazing job!!!

April 23, 2008 4:22 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

AWESOME as is any card you create, I love this stamp set and really want to get it. I am sorry to hear about your eardrum, glad to hear that you are feeling better today.

April 23, 2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad that you stepped out of your confort zone. :)

Mary

April 23, 2008 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spring is on the way... I had my first spring blooms this weekend! Yeah.... and don't you just love that brayer....

April 23, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger jjcreations said...

I love this card Kelly...I love how you did the sky..."dark" on one side and "sunny" on the other.....goes with the Psalm.....He'll bear you up...no matter what, no matter when. Joan

April 23, 2008 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I missed your post yesterday about your ear..how horrible!! I am so sorry to hear about that. Sounds awful.

Your card, though, is very beautiful!!

April 23, 2008 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is totally awesome! Thanks for sharing your art with your readers. Darlene L

April 24, 2008 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!