*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, April 25, 2008

One Boy, One Girl



He was holding her hand when the doctor looked up and grinned,
"Congratulations, twins"

One boy, one girl
Two hearts beating wildly
To put it mildly, it was love at first sight.
He smiled, she smiled, and they knew right away
This was the day they'd been waiting for all their lives,
And for a moment the whole world,
Revolved around one boy, and one girl

I love this song by Collin Raye and thought it was fitting for today's post......LOL!

These card were made for today's limited supply challenge the challenge was to:

1. Make a square card. (Any size)
2. Use only scrap pieces of paper. (The base card doesn't have to be a scrap.)
3. Use ribbon or fiber scraps.
4. Use only ONE other embellishment.
5. Use any colors, stamps, and tools.




I used scraps of my Daisy D's paper and cs except for the bade of the card. The ribbon was also from my scrap ribbon jars.

I don't actually know anyone who is having a baby right now, most of my friends are done having their children so I guess these will just go into my stash for now.

Each square is 1.5" x 1.5" with the total card being 5 .25 x5.25.

Supplies Girl: So many scallops, all in a row, pretty in pink, barely banana, mellow moss and white cs, Daisy d's dp, mellow moss and regal rose ink, ribbon, marker, square, circle and scalloped punches.

Supplies Boy: So many scallops, all in a row, bashful blue, bayou blue , sage shadow and white cs, Daisy d's dp, black, bayou blue, wild wasabi ink, ribbon, marker, square, circle and scalloped punches.

post signature

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Monika/Buzsy said...

Kelly, these are fabulous! Love the colors, the squares, the stitching... TFS!

April 25, 2008 1:08 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

wow Kelly, these are gorgeous. I love the stitching and how it makes them look almost like baby quilts!

April 25, 2008 1:09 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

That's exactly what i thought of when I saw your cards,baby quilts!1
They're so lovely!!!

April 25, 2008 1:18 PM  
Blogger Kathy Jones said...

Kelly this cards are just devine!

April 25, 2008 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh!!! I LOVE that song too. Of course, there isn't much from Colin Raye that I don't like :P

Great cards too. I love how you made them look like quilts, such a great idea.

April 25, 2008 2:46 PM  
Blogger Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Simply beautiful cards.

April 25, 2008 3:28 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

These are both fab-u-lous!

Many Blessings,
M.

April 25, 2008 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THESE!!!!

Sue R
Kelowna

April 25, 2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

love the quilted look
Bela

April 25, 2008 9:45 PM  
Blogger Janean Campbell said...

Both of these cards are amazing...I'm so inspired by creativity..

April 26, 2008 5:43 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

WOW--these are sooo awesome Kelly :D LOVE the softness of the pink dp--sooo pretty!! And the boy one is great too--love those zigzags and that song is perfect.

April 26, 2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger jjcreations said...

Both of these are great...I love the patchwork look of them. Joan

April 27, 2008 8:44 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

Beautiful cards Kelly...very sweet.
Bela

April 27, 2008 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super Cute! May I case!?!
Thanks for sharing your talent!

April 28, 2008 6:59 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Beautiful cards!! I just love everything about them!!

April 30, 2008 5:21 PM  
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

these are fantastic Kelly!

April 30, 2008 9:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love these quilt cards, so adorable!

May 07, 2008 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!