*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, March 07, 2008

Monkey Mania!!


This first card was made for today's limited supply challenge and Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

The limited supply challenge was to make a card no larger then 4.25" by 4.25" and use you left over scraps.

This challenge came at the perfect time, i can't cleaned off my table from yesterday's card so all my scraps were still there.

I am so in love with these monkeys from CC designs, they are so sweet!

Well I finally got a good amount of sleep last night YAY!!! I have been taking a Melatonin for the past 2 nights and it does seem to be helping somewhat. Thank you so much for all you suggestions I will be trying them all, and will let you know how they work out for me.



I also wanted to mention that some of the cards for "K" are starting to arrive!! I can't wait until they are all here and we get to take them over to her!! Exciting!!

I made this card for the Embellish It gallery I just love the Mellow dp it is perfect for these little monkeys.

Just look at them, I love the little guy hanging from the branch, growing up I always wanted a monkey. That is until I found out how much work they can be!





And finally my product review!!! Melissa Bickle the creator of the Ribbon Ring contacted me after she noticed how much ribbon i use and asked me if I would like to try the ribbon ring and review it for her.

Heck yeah, I am always looking for ribbon solutions, I currently have my ribbon stored on a wall system, hanging metal shelfs thate fit the rolls perfectly. I keep all my loose or by the meter ribbon in jars wrapped around close pegs. The problem with the ribbon jars is sometimes you have to empty half the jar, just to get the ribbon on the bottom.

The Ribbon Ring is a perfect solution for ribbon for storing ribbon 1 yard or less!! The ribbon glides easily through the tag no tugging required.....LOL! I also like how you can have a ring for each color family. If you are like me sometime I drag out 5 different ribbons just to find the right shade, with the ribbon ring they are all at my finger tips!!

So there you have it, I give the ribbon ring an A+ I will definitely be investing in some more! Let me know what you think of this review and whether or not you would like to see more reviews.

Supplies Card 1: CC designs, monkey Love, All in a row, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, garden green, white cs, mellow dp, black , and wild wasabli inks, copics, brads, ribbon, circle and scalloped circle punches, marker.

Supplies card 2: CC designs, monkey Love, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, garden green, white cs, mellow dp, black , and wild wasabli inks, copics, brads, ribbon. prima flowers, bling.

post signature

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly you are on fire with these monkeys! I love both cards!
That ribbon ring looks great. But what true ribbon addict has 1yard or less(well...maybe remnants and misscuts). You got to buy it by the spool. LOL

Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

March 07, 2008 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly, Do you think that you will thread your ribbon through those holes or just toss it back in the box? Most of my ribbon is on spools and it seems like way to much to let hang? Will you just use (the ring)it for scraps?
Love your monkeys! :)

March 07, 2008 12:46 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Too cute Kelly!

March 07, 2008 1:04 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

love those monkeys... as for the ribbon ring.. i think it is fantastic, as i have lots of loose ribbon that is constantly getting tangled up.. thanks for the info.. and at only $10.. i think it is a deal!

March 07, 2008 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the ribbon rings at the Portland Scrapbook convention last weekend. They do hold more than 1 yd also. You can loop the ribbon and if I remember right I think she said it could easily hold 5 yds per tab and also numerous ribbon per tab depending on their width. She suggested keeping a sample of all you ribbon close by and then store the bulky ribbon spools away out of sight. The ribbon was so colorful on her display. For those with product that is out of site-out of mind, this would be perfect! Sue Kment

March 07, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger Ida said...

Kelly these monkey cards are just darling.

March 07, 2008 9:21 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Kelly, that is so funny that you wanted a monkey when you were a kid...lol. My Grandfather was in the Navy and went to all of these exotic places in the world. He always brought back strange animals for his kids (my Mom and her sisters) and he brought home a monkey. WELL! let me tell you this monkey was a very dirty, and naughty boy!! I will leave it at that but, I don't think anyone would want a monkey as a pet. Ha ha ha! Your comment immediately made me think of this story so, I had to share with you.

Great card!

March 07, 2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

The monkey card is just too cute for words.
Bela

March 07, 2008 11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog daily and am in awe at the beautiful cards you design. I do have a question regarding the ribbion ring: Where may I purchase this item?

Kelly Barney (Michigan)

Kellybarney1966@yahoo.com

March 08, 2008 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your monkey cards! They are soooo cute and the DP is perfect! Of course that orange ribbon really adds vibrancy to it.

March 08, 2008 8:19 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I love the monkey cards too.
Bela

March 08, 2008 11:04 PM  
Blogger Corie said...

WOW love both of these -- so BEAUTIFUL

March 09, 2008 4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought about getting the ribbon ring, but am still not sure. It seems to work well.

March 09, 2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

These monkeys are just too cute! I love what you did with them. :0)

March 11, 2008 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw your card on the Inspiration site and think your creations are beautiful:)x

March 20, 2008 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!