*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, February 15, 2008

Just Chicken Up On You

"Just Chicken Up On You" too funny......LOL!! I love that sentiment!!!

Happy Friday!!! I have been waiting for this all week, I get to finally sleep in tomorrow!! Maybe then I will get better! I love the weekend, we have been watching all the previous seasons of LOST online, and we are half way through season 3 so this weekend we should be caught up!! I don't know why I never watched lost before????

Cause I LOVE LOST!!! I am now addicted!!

Anyhoo back to the card, I used Sharon's weekend challenge to make this card this week it just happened to be a sketch, I love this sketch it is perfect for quick cards! I finally got to use my chicken wire background (Cornish Heritage Farms) stamp I have had it for 3 years and never used it. Shame on me.......LOL!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, we just spent the evening at home watching lost of course!! We don't usually go out for occasions, I find it hard to leave Megan with a sitter ( I have trust issues) so we just celebrate at home. When my mom lived in town she would watch the girls, my dad would watch them too but with his passing we don't have any family in town anymore so home we stay. Every once in a while Jason will take the day off and we will have a lunch date while the girls are in school. I love our lunch dates, I think it may be time to have another one soon ***hint, hint*** Jason!

Supplies: MFT, Punny Farm, Chicken wire BG, real red, yoyo yellow, PTI white, CM gingham dp, black ink, copics, brads, ribbon, ticket corner punch.


post signature

Labels:

24 Comments:

Blogger Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is so wonderful, Kelly!!! I love it!!! Love the combination of yellow and the red gingham -- it has such a down-home farm girl feel to it!! Love that chicken wire as well!!! Beautiful coloring!!! So glad you played -- thanks much!!!

February 15, 2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I just saw this one in the gallery--SOOO CUTE! As I said there, it's very "FARM FASHIONABLE" :) I love how you pieced her shirt to match the background. It's very CUTE, Kelly!! :)

February 15, 2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love this! Totally love the gingham and the bright colors. I have to admit, I'm more of a fan of the brights than I am of pastels any day! :D

February 15, 2008 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice card! I also love the piggy ones! Happy Valentines day!

I also love Lost!!! I taped last nights and Im waitting for the boys nap time to watch it!

February 15, 2008 11:55 AM  
Blogger Shannan Teubner said...

This is sooo stinkin cute!!

February 15, 2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

Love this Cute gingham card!!.and the fabulous farm scene!

February 15, 2008 2:44 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Cute Card!

February 15, 2008 4:11 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

This is really really cute Kelly - love that sentiment! And, that farm scene is AWESOME! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

February 15, 2008 4:48 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Wow Kelly . . . this is adorable! LOVE your coloring of this image, the colors are PERFECT! Nice job on Sharon's challenge! I must check out these stamps, your cards are all so inspiring! Thanks

February 15, 2008 4:56 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Your card is awesome! And I am a big LOST fan myself. I have been catching up on Season 3 the last week or so as well since when we moved to Alabama we couldn't get any of the networks on our tv. I went into LOST withdrawal for a little while... Anyway, enjoy!

February 15, 2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger Nancy Riley said...

Kelly, I don't know if I've ever seen such a PERFECT card before this one! Outstanding in every way!

February 15, 2008 7:44 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Love your card and mailbox! You sure made some sweet stuff! Feel better soon! Deb

February 15, 2008 8:26 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

The gingham on this is perfect for the theme of the card. Great work. I was really into Lost when it was first on. I haven't been as addicted to it lately. :0)

February 15, 2008 9:02 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

What an awesome card! Love the yellow and red together! Very "farmlike!"

February 16, 2008 6:49 AM  
Blogger Corie said...

Great card -- especially love the sentiment!!

February 16, 2008 7:57 AM  
Blogger Stampin' Meg said...

cute cute cute- now this is how a red ,yellow and black card should turn out(did you see my McDonalds one on my blog! EEK!)

February 16, 2008 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to your site. Love this card...it brings back sweet memories of when I used to have chickens. I called them, "my little ladies". Love the colors, too. I also was touched by your personal stories. Thanks for sharing. I invite you to come visit my blog, too. www.layersofcolor.com Creatively Yours, Laura

February 16, 2008 9:50 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I love this card! So bright and cheerful.Love the colors you used...Red, yellow and black are perfect for farm cards. Perfect!

February 16, 2008 2:16 PM  
Blogger Vanna B said...

I realy love this card.... she is just oo cute with the gingham and all.... LOVE IT!

February 16, 2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Oooh, the gingham, the chicken wire, and those red boots---I love it!

February 16, 2008 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing like good ole family time! Never watched Lost, maybe I should...If I could find the time. Love this cute card!

February 17, 2008 3:42 AM  
Blogger carole (TruCarMa) said...

I love LOST, too! My DH and I caught up on Apple TV and for the first time, we are watching the episodes live! Woo-hoo for us! Hope you've caught up, too.

And I LOVE this darling card! Cute cute cute -- can't beat red gingham!

February 17, 2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger theCreativeDivas said...

I love that stamp! Too cute...Sorry I'm not a lostie...never got into it maybe someday I will "get it" if I watch the DVD's. I tried a few times but I was totally *LOST*! lol

February 17, 2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

This is so adorable! I love the colors, paper piecing and pretty ribbon!!

February 18, 2008 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!