*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Sunday, April 01, 2007

How To Make A Hippo

I have been asked quite a few times on how to make the hippo, so I thought I would use it for my first tutorial. Please bear with me if this is a little rough I promise I will get better at tutorials!

Chocolate Sundays will return next Sunday, as there was so much going on with Autism Awareness Month, and I really wanted to share our slide show with you!


Hippo Tutorial

Supplies: Scalloped Circle Punch, Marker, Googlie Eyes, Word window Punch, Small and Large Oval Punch, Circle Punch, CM Oval Cutting System, Small Circle Punch, Bordering Blue and Black Card stock, Dimesionals.














First assemble the face, and draw on eyelashes














Add smallest of the large ovals to the bottom of the face














Next add the two circles to the face














Then take the second oval(nose) and attach the teeth and the nostrils, so now you will have 2 pieces to the face














Attach the 2 pieces of the face together like this














Add completed face to scalloped circle on dimensionals and finish card!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Thanks for the great tutorial. These animals are way too cute and perfect for the kids in my classroom. Thanks for sharing and doing such a good job with pictures and step by step instructions! Your blog is great!

April 01, 2007 2:54 PM  
Blogger StampOwl said...

Great tutorial Kelly, so easy to follow. Thanks for the great blog too, I enjoy visiting and seeing what you have done

April 01, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Lois Michael said...

This is too darn cute...I love it.

April 02, 2007 3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just adore this hippo! It is sooo creative and cute!

April 03, 2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Way too cute!
Nicole
http://stampinlibrarygirl.blogspot.com/

April 15, 2007 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i am so glad i found this, i am looking to make an icing hippo for a birthday cake, i will be using your method.

Thanks

January 06, 2009 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!