*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, February 19, 2007

Today Challenege Criss Cross Card


Todays Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS was to make a criss cross card, I have been wanting do one for a while, but never got around to it, so this was the perfect opportunity. The only problem I had was once I had finished making the shell of card I had no idea what to put on the inside. I love this Basic Grey Blush line of paper it's absolutely gorgeous!

I can't believe it tomorrow my oldest is going to be 12 where has the time gone? Whaaaaa! ROTFLMBO!

Here are the instructions on how to make a criss cross card:Cut one sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" solid cardstock in half lengthwise. You'll use both pieces. Score each piece in half at 5-1/2". Lay out horizontally.

Glue one 5-1/2" portion of one piece to a second 5-1/2" portion of the other piece of cardstock. You will end up with one tri-fold card with the glued together, double layer in the middle. Cut each side at an angle these will fold over into the criss cross on the middle section.

Then to adhere to the pocket together, place one strip of sticky strip along the bottom of the middle portion. Peel off and fold over one side flap to stick down. Then place another portion of sticky strip on the flap you just adhered. Peel off and stick down.

Supplies used: Noteworthy stamp set,
Basic Grey Blush paper, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip card stock, Chocolate Chip ink, Hodgepodge, Ribbon.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison Rankin said...

Very cute...great job.

February 19, 2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger Tracy.H said...

I saw these on SCS yesterday. I love your card...thinkin' I will have to try one later this week!!

February 20, 2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like your criss cross card so much. Even after looking at other cards, I come back to see your card. To think, I sold an entire box of rick rack at a garage sale. I could kick myself.

February 20, 2007 8:35 PM  
Blogger tyrymom29 said...

Love this card ....Im gonna have to try this ..........maybe this weekend ..TFS!!!

February 21, 2007 5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, every time I come to diariesofastamper.blogspot.com you have another exciting article up to read. One of my friends was telling me about this topic several weeks ago. I think I'll e-mail them the link here and see what they say.

April 06, 2010 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!