*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Pop Top Cans




For my families stockings this year I made some pop top cans, these were so fun and simple to do. I used a can opener( the safety kind) to remove the bottom of the can, peeled off the label, removed the fruit and washed the inside and lid of the can, and then dried off with paper towel. I measure the height of the can mine was 2 7/8ths tall so I cut a strip from my paper measure the length and cut off the little excess length that was left over. I use mono metal glue to glue down the paper. For the top I used my creative memories circle cutter to cut out the right sized circle, after the circle was cut I pushed it under the tab as far as it would go and used the indent the pop top made as a guide of how much to remove to get it to fit in place, once I cut the semi circle out I glued in place. I placed the goodies inside and glued the bottom back on with crystal effects glue and set something heavy on top to help it stay in place, until it was dry. Once dry I added ribbon and a tag. For the tag I used the tag punch to cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped using Bravo Burgundy ink with the flower from Roses In Winter, and stamping until the ink was gone, to get the light and dark effect, matted onto Bravo Burgundy card stock and secured with ribbon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rose Reynolds said...

These are really cute. I love this kind of thing, except I'm at a loss as what to put in them?

December 17, 2006 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!