*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, December 15, 2006

A Name Frame For My Sister


My sister has been wanting me to make her a frame for quite some time, I keep telling her I don't have time, or the supplies , blah, blah, blah. I wanted to surprise her this Christmas with a Name Frame for her, so I got busy to work and this is what I came up with. I do have to say I really like how it turned out and the simplicity of it. I started with a frame that I bought at The Real Canadian Superstore, the frame is gorgeous and was only $11.99! The frame measures 5" x 12" inches so I used the Recollections paper pack for the background, and the another 2 inch strip from the same paper pack matted in the center og the the 5 x 11 inch piece. I then added ribbon in the center of the second strip. For her name I used Letterpress and Bravo Burgundy ink on Whisper White paper and matted the letters on Bravo burgundy card stock, and then again onto Mellow Moss card stock, then taped the letters in place. For a finishing touch I used Burgundy ribbon on the bottom with some aged copper hodgepodge to hold the word "Cherish" from the Warm Words set.

I hope she enjoys this as much as I enjoyed making it for her, she is a pretty special sister, plus the only one I have............lol.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger dawnmercedes said...

I'm so adding your blog to my favorites!

December 15, 2006 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!