*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, December 18, 2006

Glitter Ball Ornaments



I made some glitter ball ornaments for my mom's and my sister's trees, I decided on Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Not Quite Navy for the three colors I was going to use. I rinsed out the ball first and then added 20 drops of reinker to each ball swirling around, until the inside was totally covered. You may want to wear gloves for this. After I covered the inside I turned them upside down over a jar to drain out the excess ink. Once the ink had all been drained I blotted the mouth of the ornament with paper towel to catch any pools that would later turn into a streak. To add the glitter I made a funnel from scrap paper, and added glitter to the ball, covered the hole with my thumb and shook until completely covered, and then dumped out the remainder of the glitter. Put the top on and tied a ribbon on for hanging.

Unfortunately I didn't get very good pictures they are so pretty in real life.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Monds & Mayberry said...

These are beautiful! I will be trying these for next year.

December 19, 2006 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!