*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, October 19, 2007

Simple Elegance



The first card I made is for today's limited supply challenge quick and elegant the challenge was to use the following materials:

Stamps
one floral image (stamped once or generation stamping - repeated stamping without re-inking)
one swirly type stamp
sentiment (optional)

Paper
solid or patterned paper
limit your layers

Embellishments
ribbon

Quick Tools (Optional)
punches
sponges
paper piercer
Cuttlebug for dry embossing

So this is what I came up with not too sure if it would be considered elegant? However i love the splashes of red against the black and white, very striking.




The second card is the same basic styling with a little added bling!! What a difference a little bling can make, takes on a whole new look. I love the square bling not too sure if you can tell in the photo but they are mirrored, looks very cool in real life. I got them from Just Brads and Eyelets

Our trip to the dentist went well yesterday, Megan has to see a pediatric dentist, she needs to be sedated for any real work, and she will be soon.....LOL! They found some cavities between her teeth so she will have to go back and be sedated for them to be able to do the work. The good news is that while they are in her mouth they are going to put a sealant on her teeth, now that they are all adult teeth it should help protect them from further cavities.

The good thing about going to the dentist in Kelowna is there is a Michael's there!! So i got to go to Michael's I wandered over to the lighting section and found all the OTT Lites at 40% off woohoo anyone wanting one now is the time!

Michelle has asked what I am going to do with the box I created yesterday well............ I will show you a little later today!! I found a perfect filling for the inside!

Supplies: Fancy pants stamps, Black, Real red and WW card stock, DP, Black ink, Copics, Label, Circle, slot and Oval punches Ribbon, Bling, Brads, and Dimensionals

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a difference a little bling makes! (I did like the first version too!)

October 19, 2007 10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I would definitely call them elegant! They are so beautiful!

October 19, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger Haylie said...

Beautiful cards!!!

October 19, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger Gina Wrona said...

I thought the first version was elegant then I saw the second one and was blown away by the bling!

Awesome! So are you going to have some candy to fill that box from yesterday? wink, wink, wink

October 19, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I think they are both so elegant! Just beautiful work! Deb

October 19, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

They are both so pretty. By the way I gave you and Jason an award on my blog so check it out

October 19, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

They are both beautiful, love the black and white with the touch of red. Very elegant.

October 19, 2007 2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are totally elegant and classic. Beautiful.

Can't wait to see what you will stuff in that box!

October 19, 2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

gorgeous! love them both

October 19, 2007 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two completely differnt looks and both so beautiful! Could I ask what your DP is??? It is so elegant.

October 19, 2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger My Paper World said...

Really stunning, both of them!

October 19, 2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

They're both oh so pretty!!!

October 19, 2007 6:43 PM  
Blogger Heather Leech said...

Your cards are gorgeous!!! I totally hear ya' with the dentist. My son had chipped all his top front teeth before he was 2 (he was walking before 9 months and knew no fear!) Turns out we had to take him to the dental clinic at Children's Hospital and have him put under a general anesthetic.
I got my Langley Boy stamp sets the other day. I feel some stampin' comin' on this weekend!!
C ya'!
Heather L

October 19, 2007 8:54 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Spectacular!!!

October 20, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so elegant and beautiful!! Wonderful job with them!!

October 21, 2007 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of these cards are just STUNNING! WOW

October 22, 2007 6:58 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Love your blog! You have such beautiful work, I can't wait to see more of it! I especially love these two cards, the colors are so pretty together!

October 23, 2007 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!