*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Beautiful Blossoms!


Today's way to use it challenge was to use Orchid Opulence one of the colors that hardly gets used. I decided to make a tri-fold blossom card I actually love the blossoms in this color! I have noticed that my lilac tree is starting for it's blossoms, it should be in full bloom by mother's day. I love lilacs they are so pretty and the smell fabulous! If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here WT110 - Orchid Opulence


To make this card I marked one long end at 3" and the other side at 5.5", lined up the marks in the cutter and cut. So you would actually be cutting on a diagonal. Then I scored at 4.25" from the tall side, and scored again at 3.75" from the first score line not from the end. Then I used a sponge to sponge on some Always Artichoke next I used piece of scrunched up plastic and Always artichoke ink to sponge on the back ground color. Stamped the blossom and leave images, mounted on card stock and added ribbon!

Supplies used: Blossoms abound, Happy Harmony, Orchid Opulence, Always Artichoke and VV card stock, Orchid Opulence, Always Artichoke and Elegant Eggplant inks, Oval punch, Ribbon, Eyelet, Sponge, Plastic wrap, Stardust pen.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Mo Moss said...

Another jaw dropper. This is just magnificent. It does make me anxious for lilacs. Thank you for sharing this beautiful card, I must try that cutting. A little shy to try it. We will see, Good instructions, if I follow yours, I should do ok. Thaks

April 26, 2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Linda McClain said...

Wow, how beautiful. The trifold really makes you feel like the flower are climbing a trellace. Gorgeous work.

April 26, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow- it is stunning. I ran right for my stamps and found a lilac stamp!

April 26, 2007 11:44 AM  
Blogger Sherrie said...

This is just beautiful, looks like my lilac bush outside my front window! Wonderful job with a really tough color!

April 26, 2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Joan said...

Wow. This is gorgeous!

April 26, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Wow!!What a gorgeous card, I can smell those lilac from here!!!
Wish I had that stamp,I'll have to put it on my wish list!! TFS!!!

April 26, 2007 6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowser! This is fantastic!

April 26, 2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

As usual it is beautiful, Lucky person that receives that one.

April 26, 2007 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely card. I wish I had that stamp! I have not met my soulmate so chocolate is better than sex.
is that paper 8.5 x 11?

April 27, 2007 3:37 AM  
Blogger Deanne Clarke said...

Love, love, love your cards!!! I have your blog in my favs!!!

Deanne
sisterhoodofscrap.blogspot.com

April 27, 2007 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You did an AMAZING job!

April 27, 2007 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is one gorgeous card! I love lilacs too & can't believe I don't have this set yet. I have borrowed it from a friend, but I 'need' one of my own! Thanks for the reminder.

April 28, 2007 6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoWZERS!!! I LOVVVVVE this card! You combined my two favorite things...lilacs and purple! Stunning!

April 28, 2007 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome card....is the overall length 12"?
I love your work.

April 28, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Incredibly stunning! this rocks!

May 01, 2007 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!