*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, April 20, 2007

Wild Birthday


This is my card for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to make birthday cards with animals, bugs, and/or creepy crawly creatures. So, what's the catch? You have only 45 minutes to make your card.

45 minutes..... Gulp!! Well this is what I came up with so I didn't have time to think of a great layout, so the layout is plain because I spent all my time on the focal point, cutting, cutting, cutting, but I made the time line!

Surprising I can do anything with this darned cold, fever, chill, stuffy head..... YUCK!! I want it to go away! However on the bright side it is a gorgeous day outside and the kiddies are home for a pro D day, so we are picking up hubby from work at lunch and treating him to a lunch at Mickey D's!

All the animals except the giraffe were stamped with versa mark and pastels were used for shading. The giraffe was stamped with Summer sun on Morning Marigold, the spots were punched out and it was matted on dimensionals on top of Close to Cocoa I love this effect. The lion was stamped on So Saffron and I cut out a second main for him in Pumpkin Pie which has a dimensional under it to raise it a bit, the I adhered a So Saffron Face.


Supplies Used: Wild about You, AYC II, Real Red,Pretty in pink, Black, Bashful Blue, Green Galore, Morning Marigold, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa card stock, Black, Summer Sun and Vers Mark Inks, Markers, Pastels, Dimensionals, Eyelet punch, Ribbon, Corner Rounder and Birthday hat punches and Balloon Die cuts.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific Kelly...I so want to CASE this one too!

April 20, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger StampOwl said...

wow this looks fantastic - it is just as well I decided I needed this set the other day and ordered it, cause if I hadn't I would want it now - great job!

April 20, 2007 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, No! Now I want this stamp set too! This is the cutest card I've seen in a looooong time. You did a wonderful job... don't know if I'd have that much patience.

April 20, 2007 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! I've got to try shading like that with pastels. They are so vibrant and rich.

April 20, 2007 4:16 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

You are on a roll!! gorgeous

April 20, 2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, how CUTE!! They look great as PARTY ANIMALS, Lol!! :)

April 20, 2007 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a FUN colorful card! Awesome!

April 21, 2007 12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my goodness Love your card girlie .. I really love this set too .. seems like I love all our SU! Animal sets lately and dont know why .. maybe cause it is feeling like Spring .. and with Spring we have thoughts of the zoo I dont know .. I just love your card ..
xoxox
Dawn Grifith

April 21, 2007 5:15 AM  
Blogger kathy said...

I guess I need this set. That is one cute card

April 21, 2007 5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an absolutely ADORABLE card!!!

April 21, 2007 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful card. your cutting was worth it. didn't you feed yourself chocolate for energy to keep going? hope you feel better soon. I love your blog!!janet in nc

April 21, 2007 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
This is absolutely precious! You did wonders for 45 minutes. I love it!! TFS.

April 21, 2007 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!