*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Life Is Not Measured By.........

Life, is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take out breath away. I have just experienced one of the few moments. I am in awe at the overwhelming love and support you have showed us!!

I just want to thank everyone who left a comment on my last post regarding Stephanie, you have truly taken my breath away with all your love and support, not to mention that I was brought to tears reading all the posts each one filled with care and concern!! I am so blessed to have so many kind and wonderful readers.

So since Friday I have spoken at great length with Steph's current aide, Jason, friends, and of course Steph. We have decided that we will be keeping her in her elementary school for another year, then she will transition into her gr. 9 program from there. What a relief to have this decision out from under us. Steph's aide was very helpful, actually she is also Megan's aide in the afternoon and has been with Megan since she entered kindergarten. One of the things that Steph's aide mentioned was that her self esteem is already low (she does realize she is not like her peers)and that we will have to find ways to build her up. So if you have any suggestions on the way the we and the school can encourage and build her up more I would love to hear them. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support, you definately helped us make complete peace with our decision. Steph is coming to terms with our decision and actually seemed to be making her peace with it too. Her main concern was keeping contact with her 2 friends who will be moving on to grade 8, we have assured her that they will still be able to come over for sleepovers, and she can always meet up with them after school. Steph did seem very relieved at not having to go to our local high school, so this is very promising. Once again huge {{{HUGS}}} and THANK YOUS for all your love and support!!


This card was made using yesterday's inspiration challenge, this photo was to be our inspiration, so I took the airiness and color palate from it to create my card. I just love this set from Papertrey, not only is it gorgeous but, it has so many inspirational quotes with it making so easy to make beautiful cards.

One more thing I need to note is my email account has been sending a lot of my incoming email to my spam folder, so I have retrieved them all and am now going to work on responding to them all, so if you haven't heard from me this is why. I am so sorry about this, if it hadn't been called to my attention by someone leaving a comment on my blog I never would have known. I am assuming they have recently changed the spam filter now I just have to find out how to change it back.

Supplies: Papetrey stamps, out on a limb, river rock, soft sky, and white card stock, soft sky and river rock ink, ribbon, brads, and liquid pearls.

post signature

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger Tracy.H said...

This card is so beautiful, Kelly! I might just have to use this color combo myself.

I am so happy that everyone is happy with the decision. Now you can concentrate on those beauties of yours and not be weighed down with the stress of making the decision. :0)

February 03, 2008 12:45 PM  
Blogger Alli Miles said...

Your card is beautiful. I happen to LOVE that colour combo. I am glad hat you have come to a decision. I can see why you were torn.

February 03, 2008 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Another beautiful card!! I love these colors and stamp set! I am really happy to hear that you and Megan are happy about the decision you made. Mom's intuition is always the best!! To help Megan with her self esteem maybe the school next year and have her do more independent work or possibly help a younger child? I am sure you will think of something. God Bless You and your family!!
Bev
(Rette Mom)

February 03, 2008 1:10 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

This card is so elegant and that is one of my most favorite sayings. Glad to hear that you have made a decision. I sure you do this but I found the cheapest and easiest way to build self esteem is by verbal praise, it is amazing how little negativity can wreck havoc with our self esteem, maybe.

February 03, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger Shannon Tompkins said...

Kelly,
I never commented on the Steph decision as I knew you would make the right one and you didn't need a comment from the lady without kids! I am sure what you decided will be for the best as I can see you are a fabulous, loving Mother! The color combo on this card is great. I just got my new PTI stamps on Thursday and plan to use them today!

February 03, 2008 1:47 PM  
Blogger Donna Baker said...

this is so pretty!

February 03, 2008 1:51 PM  
Blogger Eva said...

Kelly this card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Just awesome...great color combo!

February 03, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

I absolutely LOVE this card. So simple yet so very elegant. You make it look so easy.

February 03, 2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You and your family will continue to stay in my prayers! I am glad that things appear to be headed in a direction that lends you peace. I also love your card.

February 03, 2008 5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is just beautiful!

February 03, 2008 6:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Kelly,

Glad to hear you feel peace with your decision, I think that as long as you all feel at peace then you made the right decision. Know that we are all supporting you and your family as you go through the rough patches. The card is gorgeous by the way. I think that sentiment is my fav from that set.

Michelle

February 03, 2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Love the card. I'm going to try something similar.

So glad you chose to keep Steph in Elementary School. I'm sure she will do better that way.

For Steph's self esteem you may need to find something outside of 'regular' school. Maybe join a choir or an art or craft group. Obviously I don't know her likes/dislikes but I'm sure you'll think of something. How about growing some indoor plants and maybe a small outdoor garden bed (vegetables are often easy to grow) once the weather improves. My younger son loved seeing how things grew and was always so proud of the edible results. With him we did this to encourage him to eat more fruit and vegetables. Only limited success there but he did love the growing part of the exercise LOL!

Cheers,

Sharon

February 03, 2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Sandra Smart said...

This card is amazing! So beautiful!

February 03, 2008 7:52 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

First off let me tell you how beautiful I think this card is! WOW!

Secondly, I had missed your last post about Megan. I am glad you came to a decision that you were both happy with. It is tough, and no one else can understand unless they have walked in your shoes. So here's a cyber hug to you and your gorgeous daughter!

February 04, 2008 4:26 AM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

Kelly,

I am a dope..... I meant Steph...not Megan! I wsa doing a lot of catching up on your post this am! Sorry!!!

February 04, 2008 4:27 AM  
Blogger Velta said...

Kelly ~ I am so glad that you have made your decision. And that Megan goes along with you. The card of course is just beautiful and you are such a good mom...Good for you and I believe "good choice."

February 04, 2008 4:41 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Beautiful job... this card is gorgeous...

February 04, 2008 7:31 AM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Love that card Emmy - and so glad that you were able to have peace with your decision!! As a parent it is always so scary in these moments b/c you know what you decide affects your child forever, but I along with most everyone else think that this decision was for the best!! Keep us posted on how things go!!

February 04, 2008 9:17 AM  
Blogger Kathy W said...

Beautiful card, Kelly. So glad you have that decision behind you, and that you have great support (sounds like the aide from the school knows the girls and your family well). My suggestion would be to really tap into Stephanie's interests and build projects from that. I saw someone else already mentioned a little garden if she likes plants (an indoor one, of course, until our weather changes :)
or an example of my son's case: everything was about dinosaurs. So we read dino books, got modeling clay and sculpted dinos, researched them on the net, had friends over for a "dino builiding Lego party". Some of these things can work into school projects, too. Best wishes and hugs, and thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

February 04, 2008 9:18 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so glad that you & your family have made your decision. What a weight lifted from your shoulders.

Hugz

February 04, 2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger Kerry Johnson said...

Beautiful card Kelly - amazing job on the sketch challenge! So glad you came to a decision that was right for your daughter. Good luck!

February 05, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Corie said...

This card is just so BEAUTIFUL -- I especially love the sentiment.

I am glad you came to a decision that was right for you and your family. Big hugs and smiles!!

February 06, 2008 4:10 AM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

You did a great job interpreting the picture! I love your card. :0)

February 07, 2008 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!