*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, January 14, 2008

Warning Hideous Card Alert


Warning Hideous Card Alert!!

You know when you should stop making a card and cut your losses? Well......this is what happens if you don't stop!!

So you want some insight on this happened???

1. I was ready willing and able to make a card this morning...........until.................... the phone rang......

2. One of those your girlfriend needs some therapy calls, love them BTW, anyhoo 4 hours later mojo is gone.........so watch a little tv do a work out then say to self, " Self we should go down and make a card"

3. Self says......hmmmmmm........ I don't think we should!

4. Kelly says "self you don't know anything , and I have the legs and say we are making the card"

5. Self know there is no point in arguing with Kelly she is far too stubborn, but says "remember I told you I didn't think it was a good idea!"

6. Kelly feeling good for having won the argument with self promptly went down to the studio to get to work, but.........

7. Kelly had no ideas...........so she wung it.......self was shaking her head in disappointment thinking I knew we didn't have an ideas.

8. Kelly says to self " come on self you know we don't need any ideas we are creative geniuses"

9. Self laughs hysterically!!

10. Kelly without the help of self continues on and well...........she got into the prima bottle and just couldn't stop putting them on, even when she knew she should stop she kept it up........until..........we created this disaster!!

11. Kelly steps away from card and says to self "self this is ugly what am I do to with it??"

12. Self says " Kelly we are going to post this card in hopes that we can save others from this hideous experience "

13. Kelly says " No! No! I will be mortified!!!

14. Self says " I told you so!! You had no business making a card with no mojo!!

15. the moral of the story next time Kelly will skip the card and wait for her mojo to return.

THE END

Supplies: MFT stamps, rain or shine, Close to cocoa, taken with teal and white card stock, basic grey dp, black ink, copics, ribbon, primas, brads and dimensionals.




post signature

Labels:

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Your such a nut - I think this card is beautiful - I love the colors - flowers - and the lay out. I don't think you could ever make anything ugly! You made me laugh and I really needed that today!
Bev (Rette Mom)

January 14, 2008 3:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

This is actually funny. When I saw this card I was like wow I like that layout with all those flowers..... Then I read your post and say wow... I wish I had Kelly's no mojo creative flow...... I love it.... you are so funny!!

January 14, 2008 4:03 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You are too funny! I don't think it is hideous at all, but perhaps just a little over the top Prima-wise :-)

January 14, 2008 4:03 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

I like it! Maybe a little too many flowers, just pluck one or two off......you crack me up!

January 14, 2008 4:08 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

ROFLOL, think if you just remove a couple of flowers you will have it made, you know I LOVE your creations but must admit this one does have a few too many flowers.

January 14, 2008 4:13 PM  
Blogger Joan Ervin said...

When I read your story I thought of my 4 year old grandson who acts like Jim Cary in the movie The Mask when he says "Sombody stop me!! Heehee!! My motto is "more is better"....I love your card and all the primas!! Your mojo was always there, tfs!!

January 14, 2008 4:35 PM  
Blogger kathy said...

OMG Kelly You are too funny. I just think it has to many flowers. Take some off and I am sure you will like it better. I like the colors you used.

January 14, 2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

What a hoot you are! Thanks for the laugh - and I really like your card the way it is!

January 14, 2008 5:13 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Love your play by play of your conversation with yourself! Flowering maddness, but still love it! Deb

January 14, 2008 6:03 PM  
Blogger Kerry Johnson said...

You are too funny! It's really not hideous - just looks a bit like a prima sneeze!

January 14, 2008 6:31 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You are funny.

I think the spots on her boots are a little bright, go back and make them less bright, then put the card in an envelope with my address on it (Jason has it *eww that sounds like Jason and I have some correspondence going on, not that he's eww, but he's married and so am I... where's that shovel, I'm really digging here*) and I will treasure it. :)

January 14, 2008 6:44 PM  
Blogger Tammy Hershberger said...

Aw, I think it's gorgeous! Don't see any lack of mojo! Tell Self to get stuffed! :)

January 14, 2008 6:57 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I had to come back and clarify I was joking about the boots too. I love the card.

nice and minty. ;)

January 14, 2008 6:58 PM  
Blogger Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly!!! This card is super fantastic!!! I was in AWE of it before reading your story and I can't believe you can make such a beauty with no mojo -- you are AMAZING, as is this beautiful card -- love it's colors, papers, velvet, flowers, her coat and boots -- love it all!!!

January 14, 2008 7:18 PM  
Blogger JanTink said...

Er...I actually agree with you...but I also agree with taking off almost all the flowers...maybe leave one, there are just way too many!

January 14, 2008 8:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Send it to someone who is having a day, a teacher, therapist, anyone-the mailman? Leave the flowers and just be done with it. And pass it along to someone who doesnt stamp or make cards and know that they will enjoy it. I think it is creative. Hope the mojo returns tomorrow! I love seeing your artwork!

January 14, 2008 9:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh Kelly - you are crazy!!!!!

This card is great, I could only wish my cards turned out as good as this one!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great story BTW!

January 15, 2008 6:42 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

So funny! =) Thanks for the lol I needed it! It is a cute card but just a lot of flowers.

January 15, 2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You are too funny. It's not hideous. Just not what you expected. :)

January 15, 2008 9:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too funny!

January 15, 2008 12:33 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

I enjoyed your story, but I think you are being too hard on yourself. I really like the card. :0)

January 15, 2008 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!!
and you with "no mojo" is more than most with their mojo!
have a good day!

January 15, 2008 1:59 PM  
Blogger JazzyH said...

You are funny! I love the card.

January 15, 2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger Laura lok said...

you crack me up. the card is fine

January 15, 2008 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are crazy.........love the way you think. That sounds exactly like something I would do. It truly isn't as bad as you think though. I myself tend to go over board but lately have learned that "KISS" method. Keep it simple silly.

January 15, 2008 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Buck said...

you are cracking me up!...mostly because I have had several posting moments like this!...although mine never turn out as well as yours! ;) I think it's cute.

January 15, 2008 5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if only I could argue with myself out loud like that... OH! how the days would go by! I so enjoy your creativity as well as your apparent rants and raves! Keep it up! You truly are a blessing to all who read you regularly!!

Hugs,

Lori Q

January 16, 2008 7:28 AM  
Blogger Lynn Put said...

OMG, this card is awesome, your silly, I wouldnt change a thing!

January 17, 2008 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!