*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, January 11, 2008

Become One


I decide to take part in Sharon's tall and thin challenge two things I would love to be......LOL! I love Sharon's challenge and adore long and tall cards although I don't make many I do really like them.

I decide to bring Embrace Life out once more to see if we could be friends and YES I love how these flowers turned out, I think we might be able to make this friendship work out!

Oh My Word have we got a ton of snow in the last 2 days probably got 6 inches last night alone. We live on top of a big hill I will take a picture later to give you some prospective of how large the hill really is, anyhoo get up to drive Jason to work this morning and............the plows have not been out now it started snowing at 6 pm last night and was still snowing at 6 am when we got up!! We are on a high priority road but.........no plows for over 12 hours??? When I came back home from driving Jason to work it took 3 attempts to get up the hill the snow was so deep I couldn't get any traction.

Then at 8 am I go to take the girls to school still no plows.......hmmmm finally at 9 am the plow comes by!! A whole 15 hours of snow accumulation before a plow came to a high priority road.......my question is should I phone city hall and complain, will it do any good?




Well that's my rant for the day.....LOL! I am not having the best start to a Friday, the snow thing then a guy in a truck blocking the road, making me have to back down another big hill ( the other one that connects to out hill), then come home home toilet over flows....yada yada yada..... hopefully my day gets better!! Sorry for the long post.

And here is a side view of the kickstand card I promised, the picture probably explains it so much better then I do!!

Supplies: Embrace Life, Secret Garden Simply Scrappin Kit, white card stock, black ink, rub on, brads, ribbon, nestabilities, stickles and dimensionals.


post signature

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Oh my think the worse is the toilet thing, can't win against City Hall, if you complain, they will probably pack all the snow in front of your house. Love the card, that paper is beautiful. Hope to be able to do this challenge this weekend.

January 11, 2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Love your tall and thin card, Kelly -- those papers/colors are just beautiful, as is the main image!! It's truly gorgeous!!! And your kickstand card is very lovely as well. I haven't had a chance to try one of those, but I surely would like to!!! Hope your day gets better -- stamp, it'll help!!! Oh, I'm sort of tall, not short anyway, but thin -- NOT!!! Just wishing -- LOL!!!

January 11, 2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Ooooo yum!! I love the colour combos on both of these cards!! Great job!

January 11, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You are so darn talented! I love both of the cards!

PS - I hope your day gets better!

Many Blessings,
M.

January 11, 2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Love that dp!

I hope your day has gotten better! I agree with Flossie, the toilet thing would have pushed me over the edge! LOL!

January 11, 2008 11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a bad day - hope it gets better! me and flowers (sigh) we have a love/hate relationship. I love them yet hate anything I make with them - this is beautiful!
I love your kickstand card- off to try it!

January 11, 2008 12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Sounds like you had a --lla of a day! But aleast you have made the most of it and can laugh about it all! Your cards are always so beautiful - I can't see why a stamp set would never ever be your friend!
Rette Mom
(Bev)

January 11, 2008 1:39 PM  
Blogger Stampin' Meg said...

That sounds like a LOT of snow-I'd be stamping pretty pink flowers too -this card is Lovely!

January 11, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hope your day got better! I hate snow sometimes!

Your cards look great...as always!

Have a great weekend.

January 11, 2008 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Kelly..
I really love the tall card. The colors are fabulous together. You have inspired me to try my had at a tall card... I've never made one! And about the snow...wish you could pack it up and send some my way...and I would definitely call, you never know, you could be the tipping point that makes the difference!

January 12, 2008 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially love the tall and thin creation ... such a beautiful combination of colors and patterns.

January 12, 2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger NancyK said...

Love it!! I just might have to break down and get that embrace life set - it is so pretty and I love the colors you used.

January 12, 2008 9:31 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Hi Kelly!

2 great cards. Sorry about your "not great" day!! I've had the toilet thing happen, too, and I just threw my hands up in the air.

Take care of yourself. Thanks for the inspiration!

January 12, 2008 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please be sure and post the pictures of the snow!!! Please, as can only be said by a Floridian>LOL
Your cards make me thing of Spring and warmer weather. Now the toilet thing could ruin anyones day. Ugh

January 12, 2008 2:41 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Your tall card is sooo beautiful!! I love the colors too!

Your kick stand card is also very pretty!!

January 12, 2008 5:15 PM  
Blogger Laurie Unger said...

I love your tall and skinny card! Don't waste your time calling city hall....nothing will be done! You know the saying...you can't fight city hall...and they're right!

January 12, 2008 6:41 PM  
Blogger Becky Elfert said...

Your long card is beautiful. The color combo is great. Nice work! TFS

January 12, 2008 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Buck said...

They are both really cute! Thanks for sharing.

January 13, 2008 1:08 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

You are so hilarious!! Being transplanted from PEI Canada to Texas - I totally remember the snow thing - ughh!! But your cards are as awesome as ever!! Hope that you get the snowplow thing worked out!! Love the kickstand card and the also the Embrace Life card too!1

January 14, 2008 5:17 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

Great work on the Tall and Skinny card. :0)

January 15, 2008 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!