*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

UUGGHHHH!!!!!!

Ever have one of those cards that make you want to rip your hair out!! Well this is the one for me, I didn't even want to post it! It made me so angry and took way to long long to make and caused so much undo stress! I swear it was out to get me.....LOL!

It started out innocently enough, cute idea fun layout. OK that's where the fun ended! I had to cut the outer layer twice cause I fudged up the size on one of the inside folds, no harm no foul at this point right??? No.....!!


Then came time to line up all the layers....hmmmm I was hoping the nestabilities could cut through three layers.....nope in case you were wondering.....LOL! So I ran it through 3 times each time pulling off the next later....painful!! Next painful adventure was to cut the heart out so I stamped the heart on and had Jason use a craft knife to cut it out, i would have tried but at this point I don't think it was safe for the card for me to be packing!!!

So Jason cut it all out then............. ummm.... it didn't look right with just a layer of polka dots so I added the flower layer and he had to cut another heart out!!!




Then came time to stamp the inside layer so the love lined up through the window perfectly then I stamped the sentiment.....WELL!! What do you think happened....... it half stamped, so i tried realigning it and pressing again but noooooo.....now I just created an unreadable sentiment!! So I had to rip out the entire inner (pink) layer and re cute the rectangle and heart window again...UUGGHHHH!! This time I stamped it before attaching it and it turned out OK......thankfully!!

So here it is the completed card.... mocking me...... it would not take a photo well I had to take numerous photos (oh around a 100 or so) to get it to look somewhat decent!!

Well I hope your project are going better then mine!

Supplies: Lace Heart, Flourishes LLC, Gina K's Love you to pieces, Chocolate chip, pretty in pink, SU DP, Chocolate chip ink, ribbon, ribbon, slide, nestabilities, corner rounder punch, gel pen, and my sanity!!

post signature

Labels:

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, after all that drama I really like the way it turned out in the end. Maybe you won't make another like it for a while (if ever by the sounds of things) but at least you did end up with a beuatiful finished card. TFS

January 01, 2008 1:57 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

Oh my, does not sound like a fun card, but must say the end product is fantastic.

January 01, 2008 2:12 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Sorry you had such a hard time with this card! It is very lovely!

January 01, 2008 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had many a times like that - why don't we just give up!!!!

Well glad you followed thru - I know to much time invested! It looks great Kelly!

Michelle
blog.michellescrapbooking.com

January 01, 2008 2:35 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

In spite of all that it turned out lovely! You are a better woman than me, I probably would have cut it up way before that! They don't call me the Princess of No Patience for nothing!

January 01, 2008 3:07 PM  
Blogger Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, Kelly!!! I am sorry for all your troubles, but the end result is SOOOOOO worth it!!! This card is totally fabulous!!!! I'm so glad you persisted!!! Just think of all you learned -- LOL!!! There's a good side to everything!!!!

January 01, 2008 3:18 PM  
Blogger Deb Wood said...

Sounds like me every day, but mine don't come out this good in the end. This is totally gorgeous!! I love the cut outs and the fold!

January 01, 2008 3:22 PM  
Blogger Sherry Cheever said...

Kelly you do fabulous work and this card, which I know took you longer than expected, is truly a fabulous work of art!!!!

January 01, 2008 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but the card is soooo cute, I do love all the layers, but i too hate when a plan doesn't come together as expected.

January 01, 2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger Cathy M said...

This is beautiful! I'm glad you stuck it out to finish this FAB card. Thanks Jason for helping Kelly get this creation out of her head and on paper.
Happy New Year!!!

January 01, 2008 3:35 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

This card is fabulous! Sorry it gave you so many problems.

January 01, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

This is beautiful... I love your design on this card

January 01, 2008 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it came out absolutely BEAUTIFULLY!

January 01, 2008 5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is great love the card nice work

January 01, 2008 5:12 PM  
Blogger flourishes said...

Oh Kelly what a grand card...sometimes our mind "sees" thing and our hand are sure we can accomplish them...and YOU DID IT!!!! Oh my it is pretty and so original.

Rubber Hugs,
Jan Marie

January 01, 2008 5:39 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Kelly, your stress and hair pulling paid off. this is a beautiful card. stopping by to say happy new year!

January 01, 2008 6:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW.. watch out Halmark! It really looks professional. I think you do a great job with your cards.

Jessica Lynn

January 01, 2008 8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
SOrry about that Craziness you had making the card but ITS BEAUTIFUL! It looks really pretty!!!

((Smiles))

January 01, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, Kelly!! I must say you are doing such fabulous work with your Flourishes stamps!! They are lucky to have you on the team! ;)

January 02, 2008 12:05 AM  
Blogger JazzyH said...

Great card.

January 02, 2008 5:20 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Oh my, does that bring back memories! I did one of these exact type of card a year or so ago only with fish for a little boys birthday. He was three and you were supposed to see one fish and the front then two and then three. Yikes! I had most of the same things happen and although everyone love it I swore NEVER again! But the weird part is your card looks so good you almost have me convinced to do it again, lol!

January 02, 2008 2:04 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

I can definetly relate with the problems you had with this card..lol. This sure is a Beautiful!! card though..it turned out just Fabulous!!

January 02, 2008 2:28 PM  
Blogger Julie S. said...

Dang -- I think it was worth the effort, though. Lovin' this enough to CASE it, which I _never_ do! Great work!

January 02, 2008 4:47 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sister, your uugghh card is better than most of mine! I would not be ashamed of this one little bit!

January 03, 2008 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!