*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sketch Challenge


This card was made for today's sketch challenge. I found this a rather tough sketch to work with, I just couldn't seem to find a balance for this card. Not to mention these pearls would not cooperate today they would not stop leaning to the side, no matter how much glue or tacking down I did! Thank for for all your wonderful comments yesterday about my missing Mojo!

Maybe with the new season and kids back in school my mojo will return in full force.......LOL! Not that I have ever ran at full force....LOL! Art has always been very hard for me as a kid I rarely ever crafted, my projects just never seemed to come out like the looked in my head KWIM. So there you have it I am not a natural.......the secrets out.........LOL! No really I am just hoping that I will eventually be able to make a card without all the metal blocks soon!

Supplies: Carte Postal, Chocolate chip, close to cocoa, card stock, Bracade Dp, Chocolate chip craft ink, ribbon, pearls, primas, and dimesionals.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Lovely card! Those pearls are so pretty!

September 12, 2007 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly ~ THIS is a beautiful card. Your mojo has not left the building yet...you are talented !!

September 12, 2007 1:12 PM  
Blogger Julie S. said...

Wowza -- you put in good, you get out good -- I think you are being hard on yourself! Though I do know that following your OWN instinct is key. Those pesky pearls! I love, love, love the use of primas and the centers in them... the pearl used in the center of the medallion is BRILLIANT, and you must have one heck of a ribbon stash because of all the cards on the block you always pull out the most stunning ribbon. (And you never tell what it is ;^)* I want some!!!) I just love this card, and you can tell those pearls to behave! Maybe use some thread to tack them down to the ribbon with some tiny stitches???

September 12, 2007 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
I never would have known you weren't a natural talent. :}
K

September 12, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Stampin_Melissa said...

Kelly, this is jaw-dropping gorgeous! I wish I had half your talent!! *is serious*

September 12, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

I think this is stunning! I think you need to take a look at your own work with different eyeballs, cuz your work is gorgeous!

September 12, 2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger Heather Grow said...

Hi Kelly. I love the pearls in the middle of the flowers. Where did you get them? are they from the fabric store? are they brads or beads?

September 12, 2007 9:21 PM  
Blogger QuiltNut Creations said...

it is a lovely card. my mojo has wandered away too lol

September 12, 2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Your card is very pretty. The pearls add that special touch.

Mary

September 12, 2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Renée Storch said...

I think that you did an amazing job with this. The colors flow together nicely. The pearls look good too!

September 13, 2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Selena said...

Stunning card!

September 13, 2007 6:14 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Beautiful job with the sketch! Your card looks so rich and luxurious!

September 15, 2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is so pretty, so ornate and elegant. Gorgeous colors, too!

September 17, 2007 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!