*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy For You


I made this card for today's color challenge the colors were purely pomegranate (rose red), taken with teal and always artichoke. I'm not too sure about these colors together, but it is growing on me somewhat.

I am in such a rut my stamping mojo seems to be missing......LOL! Do you know how to find it again?? If you have any ideas please let me know. I just sit at my table for hours and nothing seems to want to come to me. I'm trying to get back into the challenges but even that seems to be difficult some days.

I also wanted to pass on this email I received today in memory of 9/11

The 'L I T T L E' Things .

As you might know, the head of a company survived
9/11 because his son started kindergarten.

Another fellow was alive because it was
His turn to bring donuts.

One woman was late because her
Alarm clock didn't go off in time.

One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike
Because of an auto accident.

One of them
Missed his bus.

One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.

One's
Car wouldn't start.

One went back to
Answer the telephone.

One had a child that dawdled
And didn't get ready as soon as he should have.

One couldn't
Get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to
work
But before he got there, he developed
a blister on his foot.
He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.
That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am
Stuck in traffic,
Miss an elevator,
Turn back to answer a ringing telephone...
All the little things that annoy me..
I think to myself,
This is exactly where
God wants me to be at this very moment...

Next time your morning seems to be
Going wrong,

The children are slow getting dressed,
You can't seem to find the car keys,
You hit every traffic light,
Don't get mad or frustrated;
God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you
With all those annoying little things
And may you remember their possible purpose.

Pass this on to someone else, if you'd like...

There is NO LUCK attached.
If you delete this, it's okay:
God's Love Is Not Dependent On E-Mail !!

Supplies: Doodle this, rose red, taken with teal and always artichoke card stock , black and always artichoke inks, hodgepodge hardware, brads, ribbon, cuttlebug, metal photo corner, dimesionals.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Tompkins said...

Kelly,
Its a great card for not having any mojo. I have no help on how to find it. Thanks for the little things poem - it was perfect.

September 11, 2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Kathy W said...

Beautiful card, Kelly. Love the metal photo corner. Thanks for the poem; my cousin was late that morning because she missed her subway connection (worked at the World Trade Center).

September 11, 2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Hodge said...

First of all, I am sending cyber mojo your way....second of all, I am now bawling my head off from that poem. It is so true in so many ways....and it is so easy for us mothers and others to get so frustrated with everyday things. Thank you for sharing I will be posting the link on my blog to come here and see that poem. Once again thank you.

September 11, 2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Kelly,the card is beautiful as usual! Thank You so much for making me read that poem...sometimes we aren't thankful enough for what we have!
YOU are such an inspiration to me Kelly!

September 11, 2007 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Kelly for that poem. It really gives a little perspective on the things that aggravate me.

Hope you find your mojo.. it may have snuck off with mine!

Liz (ececsy on SCS)

September 11, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Renée Storch said...

I think that the colors go great together and you did an amazing job with it!

September 11, 2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Marlou McAlees said...

hi there, just found your blog, your cards are beautiful :) thats so true The Lord always watches over us xx

September 11, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

I love your card! It doesn't appeat that your MOJO went anywhere. Thanks for the poem, it made me cry. How true, how very, very true.

September 11, 2007 3:49 PM  
Blogger Alhambra Club said...

couldn't tell from this card that you don't have your mojo - grat card, thanks for the littlr things poem

September 11, 2007 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I love the card...if that's how you can do with NO mojo...you must be pretty darned awesome WITH mojo!! :)

And, thanks for that poem. I do try to remember that those 'little things' happen for a reason, but it's so easy to forget when you're right in the middle of chaos. Alot of time when I'm in a crazy situation (like those "little things") I just say a little prayer asking God to help me through that trying moment, because I know that somethinig good is in store.

Thanks again.

September 11, 2007 6:29 PM  
Blogger Julie S. said...

Sure do understand about the Mojo -- seems to be happening all over. I think it is because my heart is heavy over the Sept. 11th cloud. It affected me then and still affects me... the poem was wonderful, and I was grateful to read it.

About your card -- how can you go wrong when you put in such good materials ;^)* The design is solid, and that ribbon! Wowzers... I know you have several colors... what is it???

September 11, 2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Believe me...your mojo is not missing. Your card is beautiful!!

Great story, by the way.

September 12, 2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Selena said...

this is so pretty, lovin' that metal corner!

September 13, 2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!