*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Monday, May 07, 2007

Covered Notebook


Today's Technique lovers challenge the challenge was to make gifts for the school staff at the end of the year." The end of the school year is rapidly approaching! Teachers, bus drivers, administration staff, counselors and everyone else at the school work so hard all year long, and they deserve a small token of our appreciation. A hand-stamped gift is sure to earn you an A+! And it doesn't have to be elaborate to be a perfect gift."

I chose to do a covered notebook this is my first time altering a notebook it was actually quite easy! I was so surprised! If you would like to try this challenge you can do so here TLC115 - End of the School Year Gifts.

Don't forget to enter in the post below for A Very Special Chocolate Sunday
giveaway!
A few questions answered

Thanks so much for asking about the girls the are both doing really well, enjoying all the nice spring weather and starting to wind the school year down.

As for how I attached the bottom of the coaster box I attached it with crystal effects just put a bead of glue around the edge and fit inside the rim of the formed box.

The clouds were created by a cloud template that I made, I will post it a little later, then sponged on with Bashful Blue.

Supplies: All about U, Mellow Moss, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip card stock, Stella Ruby designer paper, Black ink, Ribbon, Spiral punch, Cardboard (letter U), Round tab punch, Notebook and Dimensionals.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger MarieK said...

Hi Kelly!

I love this challenge and your notebook is perfect! I also like the Stella Ruby paper and have used it quite a bit lately.

I have a comment to make on your comment regarding the bottom of coaster boxes. I used the glue lines by the Glue Dots brand to attach mine but was unhappy with how sticky the bottom was. I tried E6000 but it is too stinky and crystal effects was not working for me.
However, I saw on someone else's blog (I think it was Amy R) how she punched 2 additional holes in the corners of the bottom coaster and started the ribbon for the side lacing there. It was clean and held the box together nicely. I'm going to try that on my next box and thought you might be interested in a quick & easy alternative to adhesive for that bottom coaster.

May 07, 2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Your notebook is gorgeous! What a lovely gift to give a teacher or anyone. :)

Mary

May 07, 2007 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling journaling book! Love the way you've got it covered!! TFS!!

May 07, 2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!