*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cards from Friends, News and Questions Answered

Well I got my very first Christmas card of the season today Flossie from Flossie's Follies isn't it gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much Flossie you are and angel!!!


The second card is from Stampin Up chick on SCS can you believe she sent me a card to say thank you for welcoming her to SCS!! How sweet is that!! Thank you so much Jennifer!!

Well I have some news for you!! Not too sure if you know but Ashley Bowen and Kristen Edwards (from Hanna stamps) have teamed up to create a new stamp company called Tree House Stamps and I have been chosen to be a member of their design team, they have some pretty sweet images can't wait to get my hot little hands on them!! My fellow team members are the following talented ladies!!
Amber Hillman
Elizebeth Neumann
Ann M Fitton
Karen Hunsaker

Now to answer some Questions

Is there a secret to the way I tie my bows?

No I tie my bows is just the same way I was taught to tie my shoes , I have found a tutorial that demonstrates how I tie my bows you can find it here Standard shoelace knot, if you would like I could put together a video tutorial for you, just let me know if there is any interest in this.

What kind of acetate do you use?

I use the acetate also called window sheets from Staples they are the ones used for overhead projectors, I really like this stuff for boxes, but for clear cards I would recommend something a bit thicker as these don't stand up all that well but they are perfect for making treat boxes!

Nancy had asked what is on my Christmas wishlist?

I would like the following:

Spellbinder's Nestabilities
Another OTT Lite
Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon
None Stamping related a treadmill

that's pretty much it, I can't believe I just said that!!......LMBO!!

How do I store my 12 by 12 paper and scraps?

My scraps are stored in a hanging file system. Rubber maid makes some file folder boxes that hold a hanging file system and I store 2 colors of scrap to each folder. I have found this to be the best way to store my scraps, I also store my 8 1/2"by 11" paper this way. My 12 by 12 paper however is not stored to well I have it in a basket I am still looking for a good way to store this size paper.

Do Jason and I share a work space?

Yes, we each have our own table, they are butted up against each other, he pretty much stays on his own side it is me who is known for messing up both tables.....LOL!

Well CSI is calling my name, I'm off to go watch!! Enjoy your evening!!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful mail day!!! Both cards are fantastic!

Congrats on being on the design team! Can't wait to see all your creations! Looking forward to seeing the new stamps too!

December 06, 2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger Amber (bambi64) said...

Neat mail!!

yay! Can't wait to work with you at the Treehouse!

December 06, 2007 8:23 PM  
Blogger Michele Kovack said...

Congratulations!!!

December 06, 2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger ScrapMomOf2 said...

Congratulations!

December 07, 2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger orneryswife said...

I have used a number of paper storage systems, and have settled in fairly comfortably with the cropper hopper paper holders and Making Memories 12X12 file folders. I label the folders with either a company (Daisy D's, KI Memories, etc.) or by style (Christmas paper, sports, etc.) and put "like" things together in a paper holder, then put a label on the outside of the holder, so I know which one (of the 12) to look in for the paper I need. I DO love those file folders, because I can pull out just the papers I need and keep them neatly assembled until I am done with the project.

I started out with them "by color" but quickly outgrew that system! I will have to look into the hanging folders for scraps. I am currently using two Art Bin 12x12 boxes but they are all jumbled together, so it makes finding a color a bit challenging.
TM

December 07, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Nice mail there Kelly! I would be interested in a video tutorial for your wonderful bows!!!

December 07, 2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

Wonderful RAK's! Congratulations on your new design team! Woo hoo!! You are on a roll, girl! ;)

Hope "Santa" brings you everything on your wish list.

December 08, 2007 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!