*
*
Photobucket
A diary of both my life and my art work, a reflection of time and growth.
*
*

Friday, November 23, 2007

Let It Snow...........

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go
,Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

I love Christmas songs!! I made this card for today's limited supply challenge, the challenge was to make some sensational snowflake cards. Use mostly neutral colors: choose from shades of brown, shades of gray, or black & white. Then add just a teeny tiny bit of color with ink, watercolors, and/or embellishments. Well I normally don't play this challenge as i like my supplies anything but limited......ROTF!!!

So this is what I came up with, I'm not too sure about it yet but as the day goes on it will probably grow on me more. We finally brought all out Christmas trees upstairs yes I said trees we have 6 full size trees!!! I can't wait to get them decorated this weekend, each one has it's own theme. I Love Christmas!!! I will try to post pictures when they are done. It appears my ex husband had invited himself and his girlfriend over for Christmas day now that they live in the area....Oh such big fun can't hardly wait................can you hear the sarcasm!!! All I can say is I have the best hubby in the world to welcome and accept this idea he is so much more tolerable then me......LOL!! I will just keep repeating I love my kids and this is for them!!! Who knows with my Dad's passing this summer and having no family in the area maybe it will tirn out to be a blessing. I miss my Dad so much!!

Supplies: Verve Visual Winter Wonderland, White and Black card stock, Black, Real red, and Versa Mark, White EP, Ribbon, and dimesionals.

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Heather Grow said...

I love that great big bow. I think black and white cards are my favorite.

November 23, 2007 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty card; love the bow. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

November 23, 2007 10:09 AM  
Blogger Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love the black and white with just a little color!

November 23, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Leslie Knox said...

This card is gorgeous and so is the Bow!! No matter what I do my bows never look as good as yours, passable but still could be better. Got a secret you could share???

November 23, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Ohhhhh Nice!!!!! Love all of your cards Kelly,and your bows...they're
always oh so perfect!!!

November 23, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Velta said...

Kelly ~ I was praying for you this summer when you went through your dad's passing. Just remember, on Christmas day and every day, he is still here with you and yours. Love your work, love your art!

November 23, 2007 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I love the card! Believe me it does not get any easier, I lost my Dad about 23 years ago and there isn't a passing day that I don't think about him or see or smell something that reminds me of him. Your Dad is always with you! Happy Holidays!
Bev Hammack (Rette Mom)
Grand Prairie, TX

November 23, 2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger Rose Ann said...

I love your pretty black and white snowy card! The ribbon is gorgeous!

November 23, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Love the sweet simplicity in your card, Kelly....and the YUMMY bow is WONDERFUL!
I can totally relate to sharing the holidays with the ex & family...try not to let it overshadow the JOY you have in your life now....it will be a brief moment of suffering!
As for your Dad's passing....I know from experience your pain will come and go....keep your sweet memories...and when you feel up to it, try scrapping some picture from the past......it has helped me...going thru and turning the memories into a visual art. God bless you!

November 24, 2007 1:42 AM  
Blogger Paper and Petals said...

Love your card Kelly. The neutral colors are beautiful.

November 24, 2007 7:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! I always love black and white cards.

I am very proud of you for allowing your ex to come for the holiday. (Been there, done that!) But it IS for your children...so I know you will get through it with flying colors! :-)

November 24, 2007 7:26 AM  
Blogger Gabby said...

SO ELEGANT!

November 24, 2007 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your card is lovely, Kelly! It's perfect in every way.

Maybe your ex-husband and his girlfriend won't stay long. She may feel uncomfortable, even if he doesn't. You're a wonderful mom for doing this for your kids.

November 24, 2007 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly - you're a master of limited and unlimited supplies!! Loving all your Christmas designs.

November 24, 2007 1:14 PM  
Blogger Ila said...

Black and white cards are lovely and this one is Absolutley Beautiful!!

November 24, 2007 1:43 PM  
Blogger Erin McKinney said...

your card is just beautiful!

November 24, 2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger Dawn Easton said...

Kelly, your black and white snowflake card is beautiful! I have such a hard time with black on my cards. I may have to case this one from you, it's simply gorgeous!
Sorry to hear of your Dads passing earlier this year. I hope that you can manage the holidays with your ex...sounds like an interesting situation. It's nice that you put your kids first!!

November 24, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger Rosella said...

What a great card. I'm not a great snow person, but I totally love it on cards. And you did a great job. Love the black and white. I must say that I love watching the snow falling down, but the days after the snow, the roads, the cold, I don't care for at all!

November 24, 2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Shannan Teubner said...

This is beautiful!! Thanks a heap for getting that song stuck in my head ;)

November 25, 2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger UrgentCookie said...

I love the black and white snowflakes. Great work. :0)

November 28, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger A.Lee said...

Such a fabulous card! I want to try something like it. Thanks for inspiring me!

November 28, 2007 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top Scrapbooking Blogs

Powered by Blogger

Check out..
Check out the Top 50 Stamping sites!
..these Stamping sites!